PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Surf

Fishmaster B
07-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Went out in the surf 3 of the past 5 days at my not so secret spot. Fished about an hour each time. Different times and different tides. Tossed the LC. I caught 2 halis the first day, 2 the second, and 3 yesterday. All nice fighters and all in the 18 to 20 inch range. Ill post a pic once I get one worthy. The water has been anywhere from clear with no salad to stained and lots of salad. Yesterday there was lots of loose stuff and it was windy which kicked up the inshore sand, but it did not seem to matter. I dont often have a lot of time to fish but the more casts you make the better chance you have. I have been concentrating on one area where the sand has been a bit darker (hence the water warms a bit more in that area when the sun is out). I have not seen much bait, but some friends of mine have been absolutely killing the perch and lotsa incedental crap sharks in the mix. Ill be back out there Thursday from about 315 to 5ish. If anyone is interested pm me and Ill tell you where im gonna be. There is a slight chance I may head to goleta or a secret spot depending on the time crunch. Get out and catch em.

B

Fishbones
07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the report, congrats on your catch, the monster butt is waiting for you,., go get em!