PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks Wanted for an Out-of-Towner

Mr.Fishhead
07-28-2010, 05:41 AM
I will be making a camping trip to the Bodega Bay area soon from Oklahoma, and was wanting to pick your guys' brains on what kind of rigs and baits are the best to use for fishing off the piers and beaches this time of year. I will be bringing a decent surf rod with a good quaity open-face spinner on it. This will be my first time to fish on the coast. Any help will be awesome!

FISHINGBEE
07-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Forget the surf theres only perch maybe a halibut. The rockfish trips have been great.The Salmon bite is good and bad. The good news is the Salmon have been from 16 to 30 plus poumds. Some pacific Halibut have been really big. If you want to Surf fish Monterey has been hot Stripers and halibut plus perch. At Pacifica pier they have been getting a few stripers on hair raisers and Swim baits. If you have a net the crabs have been a good bet. Other surf spots to the gate have been picking a few stripers all the way to Stenson Beach. You can try pencil poppers and kastmasters also. If you can find some legal tide pools to fish grass bass cabezon other rockfish species are on the chew swim baits work best. Have to be real careful not to slip and fall and or have a big wave get you.

FISHINGBEE
I will be making a camping trip to the Bodega Bay area soon from Oklahoma, and was wanting to pick your guys' brains on what kind of rigs and baits are the best to use for fishing off the piers and beaches this time of year. I will be bringing a decent surf rod with a good quaity open-face spinner on it. This will be my first time to fish on the coast. Any help will be awesome!