PDA

View Full Version : victorville hesperis duct fishing

kingfish2
07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
new to the site and the high desert area. i pass the duct on the 395 everyday on my way to work and see people fishing there often. wondering if id be wasting my time throwing a trap out there one afternoon. any advice?

KILLA
07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Can't catch'em if you aint got a line wet. Welcome to FNN, Get out there and let us know how you did.

Tight Lines

KILLA

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Lookup my aqueduct lure tequnique post in the general forum......fish it hard...

NOT a waste of time, I beleive the average fish out there is much bigger than normal.....

I'm going to plan a trip out there sometime to explore......fish it hard but don't give up if you don't get em the 1st time...

Good luck
Gary

kingfish2
07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks ill give it a try.

yolo
07-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Work it. There are stripers there. Some really big ones at that.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
P.S.

Fish early morning, late evening...or even better yet....FISH AT NIGHT !

M@M
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
If I can catch one. I'm sure somebody who knows how to fish can!! Spend some time out there and let us know how it goes.......I may even see you out there....Good Luck......the worlds worst fisherman, Mike....................Welcome to the High Desert and to FNN

yolo
07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
If I can catch one. I'm sure somebody who knows how to fish can!! Spend some time out there and let us know how it goes.......I may even see you out there....Good Luck......the worlds worst fisherman, Mike....................Welcome to the High Desert and to FNN

Mike, what are you talking about? You have 2 pigs under your belt. No easy task in the duct, especially out there on that east branch.

M@M
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Mike, what are you talking about? You have 2 pigs under your belt. No easy task in the duct, especially out there on that east branch.

True................but the catch to skunk ratio is still VERY VERY much in Stripy's favor!!:Smile:

kingfish2
07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
thanks guys im gunna hit up the duct before work tomorrow. ill only have a little over an hour but its better than nothing. if anything magicly takes a liking to my lure ill let you guys know.

yolo
07-29-2010, 09:23 PM
An hour is plenty. If possible, don't spend more than 20 minutes at any one spot, especially if you don't get bit.

bassgrabber1
07-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Is it legal to fish the duct??? Where do you go in at?? I always pass by it and see it from the 15frwy but have never stopped.

kingfish2
07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
i fished off the 15 on the west side of the freeway didnt get much luck. im gunna go back and fish the east side of the 15 tomorrow morning see if it pays off any better.

yolo
07-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Just spot hop or if at one spot then walk and look for them.

Kevthecatfishstudent
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
The spot right off the 15 is not the best of spots to fish. Try hitting the ones closer to where the duct goes underground towards the end. Best to hit Main St head east and then find a road to head south. I have caught much there but I always talk to the security guard whole patrols a large portion of the duct. He advised me of a few spots which I hooked into a couple but manage to foul it up. There are a lot (well by duct standards) people who fish these spots so you will know when your there. Good luck. Oh if you have access to tomato worms and can bare to use them, they work I have witnessed it first hand. But for that tip my fee is some tomato worms. If you can get them let me know. Lol