PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon Shoreslay Info Please

udamonkeybutt
07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
:EyePop:Well i havent been to the laggon for a long time and was wondering what the bass are biting on. THe last time i went i only caught a little dink. I saw some bass swimming and threw some Berkley Trout Worms.. I was wondering if you guys have any tips to catch some decent bass from shore.

troutdog
07-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I would dropshot your favorite color bassin worm and not use the term "slay" anywhere in my post when asking bass anglers for information :Wink:

Good luck out there....

TD

udamonkeybutt
07-27-2010, 08:37 PM
24575Here is a quik picture of my lil bass

xjdesertfox
07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
dropshot robos. crank paddle tail swimbaits. throw buzzbaits in really dark colors. Please excercise catch and release in the lagoon.

udamonkeybutt
07-27-2010, 09:11 PM
i now realize the word "slay" is a bad idea when posting bass reports. I ALWAYS CATCH AND RELEASE LARGEMOUTH BASS.

SDDave
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
:EyePop:Well i havent been to the laggon for a long time and was wondering what the bass are biting on. THe last time i went i only caught a little dink. I saw some bass swimming and threw some Berkley Trout Worms.. I was wondering if you guys have any tips to catch some decent bass from shore.

You say that you were able to see free swimming fish, just curious how big and bout how many?
When these fish group together like this mean that they actually looking for food, whether it'd shad or fry, what you dis throw at them was good in a way, small baits, you didn't say if you tossed them Texas or splitshot or dropshot,
try this and see if it works for you, Jackall, skinny bear,Basstrix flashtrix, use 6 pd or under test, small octopus hook and nose hook the baits and flyline them out and dead stick the bait, and hang on they'll hit them hard... give that a try, Dave

udamonkeybutt
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
You say that you were able to see free swimming fish, just curious how big and bout how many?
When these fish group together like this mean that they actually looking for food, whether it'd shad or fry, what you dis throw at them was good in a way, small baits, you didn't say if you tossed them Texas or splitshot or dropshot,
try this and see if it works for you, Jackall, skinny bear,Basstrix flashtrix, use 6 pd or under test, small octopus hook and nose hook the baits and flyline them out and dead stick the bait, and hang on they'll hit them hard... give that a try, Dave

Yea, evertime i go i usually see some small fish swimming around, ( size of middle finger)
and occasionally i see one bass swim by. I was also fishing on the upper lake's Dam, and always see 2 or 3 bass swim maybe in 5feet of water sometimes less along the dam.:Secret:

udamonkeybutt
07-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I wasnt even going for bass that day, I just finished a session on the upperdam, ( check out the latest striper report) and came down to relax, and had a trout setup ( carolina rig)

stg68
07-28-2010, 02:51 PM
I would dropshot your favorite color bassin worm and not use the term "slay" anywhere in my post when asking bass anglers for information :Wink:

Good luck out there....

TD

good answer , troutdog !!!!!!!