PDA

View Full Version : Fish & Game Bust at Fairmount Park (7/27/10)

Rapala17
07-27-2010, 02:28 PM
What a glorious overcast morning it was at Fairmount Park today where I ended up landing a really nice 2lb. Bass on my 10th cast! The morning was starting out great, but I had to be somewhere else later, so I only fished for a couple of hours.

As I was leaving Fairmount Park, a 4x4 2010 Chevy Truck painted all green rolls up to check for licenses! It was DFG! I have never seen them there before. The officer was busting everyone who was fishing, however, I did not see any official written tickets (just saw his lights). I quickly put my license on, and when he drove by he was proud of my catch and wearing my license boldly!

So just a note to all of you who are fishing there, make sure to bring your license just in case they show up for a bust! There were a lot of people fishing early in the morning who did not have licenses, so I was watching him stop each fisherman.

Bent rods for life,
Rapala17

Ifishtoolittle
07-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Good job on the 2lbr. And it's awesome that the DFG is busting illegal fishermen at Fairmount! Hey, when do you think the DFG will make a bust at Legg? LOL, that place seriously needs one.

tree
07-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Nice bass catch!

also, nice to hear the DFG is actually doing their job.

bassgrabber1
07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I just got back from there...didn't see any DFG and I got a few bites. Overall the :Skunk: happened. Oh well maybe next time.

smokinflies
07-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Nice Fairmount catch. :Cool:

What did you hook it on?

castle
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
What a glorious overcast morning it was at Fairmount Park today where I ended up landing a really nice 2lb. Bass on my 10th cast! The morning was starting out great, but I had to be somewhere else later, so I only fished for a couple of hours.

As I was leaving Fairmount Park, a 4x4 2010 Chevy Truck painted all green rolls up to check for licenses! It was DFG! I have never seen them there before. The officer was busting everyone who was fishing, however, I did not see any official written tickets (just saw his lights). I quickly put my license on, and when he drove by he was proud of my catch and wearing my license boldly!

So just a note to all of you who are fishing there, make sure to bring your license just in case they show up for a bust! There were a lot of people fishing early in the morning who did not have licenses, so I was watching him stop each fisherman.

Bent rods for life,
Rapala17

Now, back to the crappie. Did you see or catch any of those 2 lb. crappie they have been bragging about?

bman90278
07-27-2010, 06:50 PM

Its quite possible the fisherman were legal if you didn't see him writing tickets because you are not required to display the licenses any more. Either way, its great to hear the DFG was checkin out things.

Nice report too.

brian

Fishbones
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
congrats on beating the skunk, thanks for sharing,.,.,Go! DFG..

smokehound
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Dude that rocks, i love seeing people get busted at the park lakes.

It's great, because the busts there are usually HUGE, because everyone thinks they're safe. :LOL:

Good job on the bass.

goodguy
07-28-2010, 07:28 AM
That's awesome! But you know just because you don't see a license doesn't mean that they don't have one. Since march of this year you are not required to display your license above your waste as was previously the law...

carpanglerdude
07-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Lots of people there without license's, I've had anglers there come up to me and ask me "hey, do I need a license to fish here?" DFG must have made bank outta tickets and fines...

BucketHead
10-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Bustem all. Get right or get gone.

fishmounter
10-27-2010, 05:38 PM
If you are not a citizen of the U.S., you don't need a Ca State fishing license right?

Ifishtoolittle
10-27-2010, 05:42 PM
If you are not a citizen of the U.S., you don't need a Ca State fishing license right?

I don't think that's true.

ScottyP
10-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Everyone needs a license to fish in California.
The only exception is American Indians with BIA tribal ID.

TopwaterTony
10-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Maybe my sarcasm senses are off, but technically they would need a non-resident license. $115.05 ... OUCH! So you know that is probably not going to happen. They WILL get a ticket. But it begs the question, will they pay it, will they even have valid ID, and will they continue to do it?

my 2 cents, and some pocket lint ...

Troudt
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Let's be honest, DFG, Code Enforcement, and Immigration, could make their annual quota in a month if they did a Fairmount bust every day...especially Saturday.

I fish Fairmount anywhere between 2-8 times a month. On your average 8 hr fishing day, I see the cops drive by once...maybe twice driving around the park, usually driving faster than the 15 mph limit.

I have never seen dfg. I've even called to report people, and had them not show up. (I really wanted to see "Mr 9 Poles in the water" get a ticket.

DFG should just raid it everyday. It just seems like an easy way for them to make money.

Oh, and want a fun game to play? try to casually get into the background of any prom, quinceanera, or family pics being taken. Just following the light reflection from tacky blue or magenta plus size dress material with cheap tierra....

Catlady
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Let's be honest, DFG, Code Enforcement, and Immigration, could make their annual quota in a month if they did a Fairmount bust every day...especially Saturday.

I fish Fairmount anywhere between 2-8 times a month. On your average 8 hr fishing day, I see the cops drive by once...maybe twice driving around the park, usually driving faster than the 15 mph limit.

I have never seen dfg. I've even called to report people, and had them not show up. (I really wanted to see "Mr 9 Poles in the water" get a ticket.

DFG should just raid it everyday. It just seems like an easy way for them to make money.

Oh, and want a fun game to play? try to casually get into the background of any prom, quinceanera, or family pics being taken. Just following the light reflection from tacky blue or magenta plus size dress material with cheap tierra....
Well arent you quite the nice person, get a life and try to be nice, jerk

Catlady
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
You know some of you in this thread getting great joy out of people getting "busted" or calling the cops or dfg on people need to show a bit of compassion. Many of the people there are homeless and just trying to survive.
And troudt, getting a kick out of ruining someone's special moment is just plain mean spirited and disgusting. Does insulting people who are less fortunate make you feel better? Your words hint of racism.
Karma is a funny thing, compassion goes a long way

vortec_cruiser
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Well arent you quite the nice person, get a life and try to be nice, jerk

Must have been your pic he got into, right?

Troudt
10-28-2010, 02:35 PM
So according to internet message board forum protocol, I handle this one of several ways....

I call you a name back, and it exchanges a few more times before one of us challenges to "meet me down at fairmount in person"..... you know, bully and tough talk from the safety of the computer

or

I take what you wrote, rebuttal each of your lines, explaining how wrong you are....then you do the same and it drags out for 17 pages until the mod locks it.

I've decided on neither. You can think whatever you want about me. The people that think i'm a jerk line is long, so bring a lunch.

I would suggest before further comment that you ask some of the Fairmount fisherman that are regulars about the homeless in fairmount. You might just learn how some of us bring them food, cigarettes, and give them fish. The homeless are the least of the problem at that park...

Or you could just call me a jerk again and assume you know everything.

smokehound
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
You know some of you in this thread getting great joy out of people getting "busted" or calling the cops or dfg on people need to show a bit of compassion. Many of the people there are homeless and just trying to survive.
And troudt, getting a kick out of ruining someone's special moment is just plain mean spirited and disgusting. Does insulting people who are less fortunate make you feel better? Your words hint of racism.
Karma is a funny thing, compassion goes a long waywild CATLADY used race card! ...It's not very effective...

Catlady
10-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Must have been your pic he got into, right?
No, but nice try at sarcasm. Actually I am a white 47 year old female.
It was a racist rant none the less. troudt is probably at home kicking his dog and beating on his stuffed kitty right now

Catlady
10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
So according to internet message board forum protocol, I handle this one of several ways....

I call you a name back, and it exchanges a few more times before one of us challenges to "meet me down at fairmount in person"..... you know, bully and tough talk from the safety of the computer

or

I take what you wrote, rebuttal each of your lines, explaining how wrong you are....then you do the same and it drags out for 17 pages until the mod locks it.

I've decided on neither. You can think whatever you want about me. The people that think i'm a jerk line is long, so bring a lunch.

I would suggest before further comment that you ask some of the Fairmount fisherman that are regulars about the homeless in fairmount. You might just learn how some of us bring them food, cigarettes, and give them fish. The homeless are the least of the problem at that park...

Or you could just call me a jerk again and assume you know everything.
Actually you attempted the latter, nonetheless your rant was laced with racism. Your "picture ruining callouts" were directed at hispanics, which is what I responded to. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..........
Either way peace to all, have a nice day

vortec_cruiser
10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Actually you attempted the latter, nonetheless your rant was laced with racism. Your "picture ruining callouts" were directed at hispanics, which is what I responded to. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..........
Either way peace to all, have a nice day

Racism? No, but just a little levity. If you and your Liberal friends have their way, "1984" will soon be here, albeit a bit late.

smokehound
10-30-2010, 02:42 PM
47 and trolling a message board?

I cant help but wonder how often your comments get "marked as spam (show)" on youtube..

Korin
10-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Is there an age limit to this forum. I thought this site was for any and all, liberal, conservative etc... A site where Family,fun,friendship and fishing are at its core.

I am a mature professional woman whom happens to love fishing and I really enjoy reading and occasionally
posting on FNN. We all have something in common and that is fishing. I look forward to meeting many of you at the Thanksgiving Team 57 event.

Catlady I am glad that you voiced your opinion.

Do I need more firends NO! Do I want to meet people that love to fish yes!

vortec_cruiser
10-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I see no reason why it shouldn't be for everyone. But when Catlady starts shouting racism because of a joking remark by someone, she either needs to get thicker skin or find a board where the posters have to check their political correctness before commenting.

Danny300
10-30-2010, 07:00 PM
I see no reason why it shouldn't be for everyone. But when Catlady starts shouting racism because of a joking remark by someone, she either needs to get thicker skin or find a board where the posters have to check their political correctness before commenting.

nicely said

smokehound
10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
She should go to the forum that banned me. :LOL:

Censorship is pathetic. It's for people that fear truth.

DockRat
10-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Karma is a funny thing, compassion goes a long way

Dear Catlady :Rolls Eyes:

FYI This is not only a lake problem but a saltwater problem too.

Too bad we can't call I.C.E. nad have them deported.
The local breakwalls get alot of Latinos that leave all there trash behind.
I am fluent in Spanish and lived in Chile, can generally tell when someone is a ILLEGAL ALIEN.

Have Compassion :ROFL:
This country was built with Law.
Laws must be enforced.
Mexico does not tolerate Illegal border crossing why should we.

Catlady, do you let people break into your house and stay ? No, you call the cops.

There is alot of POACHING going on and if DFG want's to write tickets then good.

Homeless OMG don't get me started. How about calling them lazy, drunk, tweekers.

I have an idea :Idea: Lets round up all the homeless and drop them off in Juarez. Yeah !

DR :EyePop:

Danny300
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Dear Catlady :Rolls Eyes:

FYI This is not only a lake problem but a saltwater problem too.

Too bad we can't call I.C.E. nad have them deported.
The local breakwalls get alot of Latinos that leave all there trash behind.
I am fluent in Spanish and lived in Chile, can generally tell when someone is a ILLEGAL ALIEN.

Have Compassion :ROFL:
This country was built with Law.
Laws must be enforced.
Mexico does not tolerate Illegal border crossing why should we.

Catlady, do you let people break into your house and stay ? No, you call the cops.

There is alot of POACHING going on and if DFG want's to write tickets then good.

Homeless OMG don't get me started. How about calling them lazy, drunk, tweekers.

I have an idea :Idea: Lets round up all the homeless and drop them off in Juarez. Yeah !

DR :EyePop:

:Applause:

HBAR
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm not here to start anything but round up ALL the homeless? I would say before we deport them can we at least check and see if they happen to be a Veteran like myself and a few others that are here? See if they are willing and want help getting back to some sort of normal life status.
As for the rest yeah do it, doesn't just go for the "Hispanics" how about the other people, you know the ones that use and abuse the system use welfare, food stamps, social security, yet still drive BMW's, benz's, Jags not to mention they stink to high heaven.

Just my two cents.

zen
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
dang that sux me and my bro go there all the time when we get a chance but its crap that they want us to have a license so we can just go and relax and fish for as few hours

snakeplissken
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
deport them to juarez? the place is a war-zone. wow! why not just throw them in a meat grinder?
devildog has a good point.
get rid of all the trouble makers and maybe then we can fish in peace.
then again , maybe if the lake was a pay to play lake like irvine....it wouldn't be that messed up. los angeles had good inner city lakes , mcarthur park (back in the early 90's) , echo park , hollenbeck , lincoln , even whittier narrows. all trashed now. it's not all the latinos or illegals. it's All PEOPLE... stupid , ignorant ones that don't care and have no sense of right or wrong.

HBAR
11-01-2010, 08:59 PM
HERE HERE what snake said!

jonnyfishon
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
thats great, because fairmont park tends to attract all kinds of riff raff, that dont have fishing licences , they also keep small bass and any bass for that matter

TUNAVIC
11-08-2010, 10:28 AM
The dfg is at Legg Lake all the time, I can attest to it, Officer Nelson is the regular, but lately a new officer is patrolling, his name is Officer Handler, both cool guys, as long as your obeying dfg rules, by the way wearing
(displaying) your licsence is not one of those rules any longer.

smokehound
11-09-2010, 02:16 AM
dang that sux me and my bro go there all the time when we get a chance but its crap that they want us to have a license so we can just go and relax and fish for as few hoursI don't like you.

madwire3
11-09-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't like you.

lol.... thats all

jerry951
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
The DGF went around fairmount today morning asking everyone for their fishing lic. idk why they waste their time if they aint gona give tickets to those who dont HAVE one, r have more than one rod or 2nd rod stamp.I asked those ppl that were fishing with no lic and they told me they didnt get no ticket for no lic and they had 3 rods in the water. That B.S one of them told me the DFG searched them for weapons ,drugs and even asked them if they were illegal in this contry. idk what their answer was but this shows that the DFG >>>>> DGAF

Darius
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Discretion kids. Atleast they have a presence there.

carpanglerdude
11-11-2010, 02:24 PM
They patrol, but don't ticket? weird.