PDA

View Full Version : parchers and bishop area 7/24--7/26

mr. trout
07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
hey everyone, just got back from our first trip up this year and it was the best ive had in the 5 years that i have been going up the the sierras. we stayed at parchers and it was great as always. smitty and the rest of the guys really do a great job there.

day 1- we woke up pretty early in order to get our boat at sabrina before anyone else to go to the inlet and get our spot. we arrived right at 7 and immediately headed towards the back inlet and set up shop. from the first cast onward it was wide open. we caught and released over 50 fish that day between my dad and i on just about everything in the tackle box. the preffered anything plastic tho if i had to pick one thing. mainly stockers and a 3 pounder i got towards the end of the day. we called it a day around 11 but could have stayed there all day and caught fish :) it was great. we went back to parchers and as my dad did some work on the computer in the restaurant, i picked up my copy of jareds book and had a nice conversation with him.about it. i spend the next couple hours reading it (which you should all do) it is really great!! we then hit up the creek for a couple stockers before going up to south lake and managing a few fish in 20 minutes before the storm came and we called it a day.....a great one!!

day 2- having borrowed and brought up my dads friends float tubes for the trip, we deemed it necessary to put them to the test. with a great tip off on north lake by smitty (thanks again) we headed up the road and started at 7. having just planted the lake, it was absolutely WFO. after releasing about ten i hopped in the float tube and headed to the east side of the lake where i proceeded to get hit after hit on JERKITS from a lake near me. they really do work great up there. that afternoon with the storm coming in we headed down the mountain to hopefully wet our lines at pvr. with the wind being too strong, we headed further north to crowley and fishedlittle hilton bay from the shore for no luck. my dad enjoyed the ride back to bishop, for this is the first year ive been able to drive lol.

day 3- this morning, with the storm passing by, we figured wed take the hike from north lake that weve been wanting to. after reading jareds book, i decided grass lake would be a good place to practice my fly and bubble fishing, which i have been wanting too. after taking the beautiful hike there, we started fishing. in two hours we got over 30 fish floating a mosquito on the water. really fun fishing for those feisty little brookies.

overall it was a great trip

thanks again to jared and the staff at parchers for making it a great one!! you guys are awesome.
-mr. trout
(having trouble uploading photos, i will get them on however)

Fishbones
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for sharing your great trip, looking forward to pics..

Trout 1
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
nice job up there!!!!!! thanks for the report.....cant wait fot the pics...

Trout 1
Andrew

mr. trout
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
alright guys i figured out how to get the pics up so they are there now. enjoy !!!!!

flytyingreloader
07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Epic trip, for sure! I need to head that way again soon.

bstolton
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Nice job, thanks for the pics. Did you hike to grass or lamarck lakes? I will be up there on friday, can`t wait.

Bill

mr. trout
07-28-2010, 10:02 PM
We only hiked to grass. We were planning on hiking all te way to Lamarck but we wanted to beat the storm!! So grass lake worked out better

troutdog
07-28-2010, 10:33 PM
What a great trip, sounds like lots of bent rod action for you guys....nice looking fish!

TD

SierraPeaks
07-29-2010, 06:55 PM
EXCELLENT !!!

Nuff said....(I'm jealous)