PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia duct

biggyfan1
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM
ive been going to the duct to fish this last few weeks with no luck. last year i caught fish with every outting. The gates have been wide open from 10:30pm until i leave @ 1:00am. last year they would close at about 11:00-11:30. why are the gates wide open non stop now? i cant stand open gates.

bassman909
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Whear do u fish in hesperia ive fished at the gates on the west side of the 15 near in@out and nothing jhonson rd and nothing any pointers?

kingfish2
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I went and fished the duct last friday before work I was talking to a guy who was driving a tractor parked off the 395 and where the duct crosses he said the gate off the 15 is broken and it will be wide open for 2 more months according to him he said it will only help the fishing I got skunked but ill head out again this friday for a while. I was told to fish at baldy mesa suppose to be better

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
08-05-2010, 08:55 AM
kingfish 2,
baldy mesa, I've been by, it's got no tresspassing signs. I don't do it but, you might want to ninja it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM
check some siphon outlets...you might find some current deviations there

Lunker1979
08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey Gary, define Siphon outlets for me please. I can find all the gates but are the siphons under water or what?? Help me out would ya please.....??

yolo
08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
A siphon is where the duct pops up from coming underground. Not too many siphons in the Hesperia area. There are more gates on that run of duct.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Hey Gary, define Siphon outlets for me please. I can find all the gates but are the siphons under water or what?? Help me out would ya please.....??
Siphons will have 2 parts:

a).Siphon INLET: this is where the water is channeled into a more narrower run and pushed into underground pipes.
These areas can run underground for many different lengths/distances.

b).Siphon OUTLET: this is where the water exits the underground pipes and returns to the open air aqueduct.

Current deviations can be found in these regions where the duct expands into a squared off “V”.

I suggested to possibly try these zones as if you find the right one, you just MAY find some strong current relief! and it may be a little easier to fish your lures.

I’ll also note that the fish are not ALWAYS feeding there, it’s another thing that you’ll just have to explore.

AND as with any gate zone or duct bend: EACH siphon outlet one has their own character and can and should be fished in a way that lends itself to that zones flow character…

Look on google satellite to do a little recon to find some zones…..

I never said it was all gonna be easy, patience and perseverance is key…trial and error, and I’ll add that just because one goes to any duct zone and fishes w/o success, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad spot, just bad timing….

Go back and try again and again….I’ve been to zones 15 or 20 times never having caught fish …then BAM….all of the sudden I catch them regularly for a period of time there….

Each zone as it has it’s own character and therefore has it’s own time of the year when it shines and is super active…

Hope this helps…

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Re: Siphons, not sure of access but there are siphons at Summit Valley Road and right where the duct runs under the 15 frwy…

Again, not sure of the access or legality….you might check them out….try late afternoon and maybe even at night..

Good luck,
Gary

Lunker1979
08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah I'll def try that. Thanks again, I appreciate all the info. One last question, why can't I find these KPN's anywhere??? Who's the man I need to talk to and make a purchase? I awaiting an order from tacklewarehouse and they didnt carry them either.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah I'll def try that. Thanks again, I appreciate all the info. One last question, why can't I find these KPN's anywhere??? Who's the man I need to talk to and make a purchase? I awaiting an order from tacklewarehouse and they didnt carry them either.

Lunker1979 SAID: Yeah I'll def try that. Thanks again, I appreciate all the info. One last question, why can't I find these KPN's anywhere??? Who's the man I need to talk to and make a purchase? I awaiting an order from tacklewarehouse and they didnt carry them either

Gary Says: kpntackle.com

OR....there a link to his website here on FNN

Or try contacting him direct on this site...

His name is Khanh and his screen name is KPN

go get em tiger : )

Gary

Lunker1979
08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Khanh sent me a PM, thank ya!

sawoobley
08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
KPN's?

Look at the adds to the right of your screen and scroll down. See the add that says "want stripers? Get KPN's." This is for anyone else that cannot find them.

:Cool:

Lunker1979
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I know I'm an idiot...you don't have to rub it in....lol. Someone (my wife) zoomed the screen in and I couldn't even see the adds on the right until I just fixed it. Thanks for the idiot alert.....lol.

Lunker1979
08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Since I am an idiot Gary, I can't find your duct fishing 101 post. Cut a past a link on here for me please?? For the retards...thanks!

kpn
08-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Since I am an idiot Gary, I can't find your duct fishing 101 post. Cut a past a link on here for me please?? For the retards...thanks!

Here you go Kevin.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?29432-Aqueduct-lure-teqnique-how-to

KPN.

seal
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Siphon inlet and outlets off Summit Valley Road in Hesperia are fishable. One comes up from underneath the train tracks, one at the end of the stretch you can fish that drops down into the valley over by the big Ranch and Silverwood Lake.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Siphon inlet and outlets off Summit Valley Road in Hesperia are fishable. One comes up from underneath the train tracks, one at the end of the stretch you can fish that drops down into the valley over by the big Ranch and Silverwood Lake.

Sounds like you guys needs ta pound them spots and see what transpires....

fish 'em hard....fish 'em deep...
"Slow....and LOW"

Lunker1979
08-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Well the order is in for the KPN's,,,,as soon as I get them in the mail, I head up and give a Hesperia duct report..........and take some pics! I'll be in the Summit area.

bigblant
09-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Im new to the high desert and live at the 395 and palmdale. I drive over the duct several times a day and want to fish it but am not sure where. If anyone knows a good spot let or is going out send me a PM and maybe we can meet up.