PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Sandbass'n

driven2fish
07-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Loaded up on chovies at 630am, had a couple of laughs with nacho at the bait barge, and headed for the fishing grounds.

THEN THE BOAT STARTS ACTING UP!!! PROBLEMS. OVERHEATING, ETC.

Rather than turn right around, we drift for a few minutes, catch a few fish...and after about 30min, decided to limp over to a fleet of boats just off on the horizon. Lucky for us, because we made over and didn't have any more issue with the boat.

Fishing was on fire. Must have had at least 4-5 DOUBLE HOOK UP'S. Fish were hitting our live bait like mad! Fly-lining, sliding sinkers, dropper loops, I even tried using one of those sliding rigs that you clip the weight too (something different and fun to try). Could have had all three of our limits right off the rip, but we were doing mostly catch and release, and were only keeping the phatty fillets.

Wind picked up around 1145am or so, and we headed back to shore under our own power. We made up some tasty doughy/breadcrumb fish fry stuff, and had a yummy Sunday fish fry with the whole family. It was the first time I've ever eaten Sandbass, and I thought it was pretty darn good.

Now it's off to the mechanic to get our boat tuned up, and hopefully we can get back out there soon!

Thanks for reading

Brian_GSC
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Nice job on the sandies! Catching fish sure helps a get your mind off motor problems. Glad you made it in safely.

chris
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
nice job on the fish. crazy how many boats there are

Fishbones
07-26-2010, 10:09 AM
sweet pics, congrats to all and thanks for sharing.

JapanRon
07-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi driven2fish,

Looks like the day was saved. Good job on the fish. Still ..... good to know one has the insurance of the boat AAA services !!

JapanRon