PDA

View Full Version : 7/24 Sand bassin with the fleet in LB

SDDave
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Sorry Guys,
Fishing was so sporadic that I never took any fish picture's, just this one of my partner hooked up, all's I wanted to do was fish and the camera never got brought out.http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/8ba02282.jpg
Took a break from fishing Bass up at Castaic Lake and took his invite to go pull on some Sandie's.
We launched out of HB Harbor and took a left instead of a right, the HB flats were dead, so we left some of the fleet that were wishing something would happen and took off north to Long Beach, found the fleet and you name it was there, even some guys on Sea Doo's lol, the bite was tough, real slow, mostly short Cudas and Mack's with a few Sandie's mixed in, the sport boats were doing pretty good due to heavy chumming, that always helps.
About 12:30 the bite started to happen, were were using a mix of chovie's and deans, I kept trying a Basstrix swimbait then back to bait, we did manage 17 Sandie's for 3 guys, the bit started to die down a lot so the clock was ticking so we headed to the Break wall middle opening to fish some Calico's, finally got my swim bait fish, we were slamming the rat Calico's while taking some pretty big wave's from the big ship traffic, wow I'm never going to complain about lake lice after seeing the wake that the Catalina express can put out...
Fun little bite, so we finished up and headed in John cleaned fish while I straightened up and supplied water to his Dad and got the Parker ready for the dock, cleaned up and head home to his Dad's place in Calabasas, Man did we hit the traffic at the 10, they've been doing road work at Sunset over pass, what a mess, long day, got home took a shower and left the gear clean up for today.
I've heard from my nephew that skipper's the twilight run on the Freelance that the afternoon has been better, of course that can be day to day, so get on out there, nows the time to fish the Bass on salt.., Dave

calico killer kevin
07-26-2010, 02:26 AM
So the Freelance cappy is your nephew, huh? I happenned to be on that boat las tnight and it was SLOW. 20 bass for 30 anglers after two hours. Before we went home, hit another spot for ~50 sandies in just half an hour. Sucks we couldn't stay out longer. Captain was saying there was a huge cloud under us, just wouldn't bite.

He's a cool guy. Must learn from the best. Nice job out there.

SDDave
07-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Yep the quote was, it's a weird bite, Toms a awesome kid, he had his Captains license at 18 or 19, he loves to fish, I heard the weekday bite had been better, have you ever fished Imperial Beach, the Sandbass can go off down there, thanks for the kind words, Dave

Fishbones
07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
SDDave strikes the salt, Nice, congrats and thanks for sharing.

JapanRon
07-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi SDDave,

The bite is indeed day to day ...... Good job on those caught !!

Skunked on Bass today myself.

JapanRon