PDA

View Full Version : Lake elsinore shore-fishing questions...

smokehound
07-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Would any of you say there are nice bluegill/crappie here, accessible from the shoreline?

I wont be boating. I was thinking of checking out the marina there, then all the other fishing spots.

I wont be targetting wipers. Strictly panfish.

Hoping to get some eating-sized crappie.

Any tips for the shoreline-based angler?

bassgrabber1
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I was fishinng from shore ther 2 years ago for pan fish and pulled out a 2 lbs Crappie. I was using a Panther Martin lure ...black with yellow dots and a gold leaf. I know that thay have big crappie there.

smokehound
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
another question.. i read that the marina charges you 10 bucks to fish the docks, is this true?

Stevenchen0616
07-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I was fishing from shore there two weeks ago, and only caught 6 carps on the powder bait(dough) from the liquor store neer shore....
Nver gotten other kinds.....

And Im ready for 7/27/10 5AM Catfishing....lol....gotten different baits....let's see whats up!

smokehound
07-27-2010, 01:10 AM
You should have far better results if you use insects.

Flying
07-27-2010, 01:13 AM
another question.. i read that the marina charges you 10 bucks to fish the docks, is this true?

They charge $10 for day use(fishing) but I don't think they allow you to fish off the dock.
http://www.lakeelsinoremarina.com/rates/index.html

Note that this is a private marina/camp site. All the crappie reports from shore that I've seen come from this marina.This is the north west corner of the lake. When you see the lake from above you'll think "I want to fish there".

The free fishing beaches are along Lakeshore drive.