PDA

View Full Version : 1st Yellow on my own boat!

GrabBass1
07-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Went to the islands (Coronados) a couple weeks back and managed one 15.5lb yellow on a green and black 8" rapala off the West side of the South island. Many thanks to Matt and the folks at Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet. They set me up with an affordable reel and line and all the pointers a guy could ask for. Only caught the one yellow but followed Matt's advice and slayed the bass in the white water!:UDaMan:
Spent thenight on a sail boat at the islands and we all ate fresh yellow tail and fish tacos. Great trip and learned a great deal.
Go visit Matt and the crew at Last Chance if you ANY questions about fishing. These folks are the real deal when it comes to fishing SoCal waters.24493

DockRat
07-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Nuttin beats a new species.
DR

troutdog
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Congrats on your first yt, did you eat the heart!? :Razz:

TD

GrabBass1
07-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Congrats on your first yt, did you eat the heart!? :Razz:

TD
Did not get to eat the heart. The other guys cleaned it after I fell off the damn boat! I was busy getting out of the ocean...:Embarrassed:

DockRat
07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Did not get to eat the heart. The other guys cleaned it after I fell off the damn boat! I was busy getting out of the ocean...:Embarrassed:

:ROFL: Good reason to bring a change of clothes. :Envious:

FISHINGBEE
07-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Went to the islands (Coronados) a couple weeks back and managed one 15.5lb yellow on a green and black 8" rapala off the West side of the South island. Many thanks to Matt and the folks at Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet. They set me up with an affordable reel and line and all the pointers a guy could ask for. Only caught the one yellow but followed Matt's advice and slayed the bass in the white water!:UDaMan:
Spent thenight on a sail boat at the islands and we all ate fresh yellow tail and fish tacos. Great trip and learned a great deal.
Go visit Matt and the crew at Last Chance if you ANY questions about fishing. These folks are the real deal when it comes to fishing SoCal waters.24493 Hey nice yellow congrats for your first one.

FISHINGBEE
07-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey dude keep trolling the South side and you will get your yellows.

FISHINGBEE

GrabBass1
07-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the tip. Cannot wait to get out there again.