PDA

View Full Version : Stirke out at SA.

dafishahman
07-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Got this crazy idea to head up to SA. trying for them better grade Stripers. First time at the lake a very long lake. Launched outta the Harris creek ramp and just started fishing from the get go.. yeah we were metering fish but I think our lures weren't appealing to them. tried different colors, sizes, weights, depths... nuthin. Trolled around til the sun was at it's peak.
Drove back cussing the lake out. "I'll get you someday SA" shaking my fist in the air. hahaha
Anyways, I WILL BE BACK with cooler weather, better moon, and open mind.
TO, I bow down sir.

dafishahman
07-25-2010, 01:57 PM
having problems uploading lake pics.

snospdr
07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Got this crazy idea to head up to SA. trying for them better grade Stripers. First time at the lake a very long lake. Launched outta the Harris creek ramp and just started fishing from the get go.. yeah we were metering fish but I think our lures weren't appealing to them. tried different colors, sizes, weights, depths... nuthin. Trolled around til the sun was at it's peak.
Drove back cussing the lake out. "I'll get you someday SA" shaking my fist in the air. hahaha
Anyways, I WILL BE BACK with cooler weather, better moon, and open mind.
TO, I bow down sir.

You're not the only one. I started yesterday at San Antonio at 6:15, trolled umbrella rigs under bait at the dam, by Harris Creek, South Shore launch area, north side, etc...until 6:15 in the evening without a fish. I used downriggers for most of the day then did some flat line fishing later in the day. Nobody I talked to got a fish. Bad day..

cutbait
07-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Way to take the initiative and pound the water for them DD Stripes..

Too bad it didn't work out. Chalk it up to paying the skunk dues!

snospdr
07-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, now I'm on a mission...Fortunately, I live fairly close to the lake so I can have my boat in the water in an hour. I'll keep posting so those of you who are at some distance will have a better idea of what's up before driving all the way up.

trail blazer
07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, now I'm on a mission...Fortunately, I live fairly close to the lake so I can have my boat in the water in an hour. I'll keep posting so those of you who are at some distance will have a better idea of what's up before driving all the way up.

COOLLLLL

Top notch RECON right there,,,,,,,,,,we,l be watching

trail blazer

Fishbones
07-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Never Give Up....thanks for the report.

fishinone
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that you hit it so hard for the skunk. Keep at it at some point it'll pay off.

OK local talent. I'll be looking for those reports.

TrouTHeAd
08-09-2010, 12:02 AM
You guys aren't the only ones. I've tried SA and left empty handed too. It was too hot during the afternoon and nothing took my lures. I tried just about everything too. I'll get those stripers next time.

below frigid
08-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Hot in the afternoon? LOL. This is the coolest summer I can "ever" remember in the San Antonio Valley. Last summer was hot. Our ranch is a stones through away from the lake, I was down there and it was 113+ last year this time.