PDA

View Full Version : Castaic moonlight 7/24 skunked

cpautovisionz
07-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Went to castaic for the moonlight event they had this evening and got the big skunk. Got there early to try and get a good spot. Fished off the dam for nada, but the craziest thing is my father-in-law caught a 14 pound catfish. I dunt know if it was the moon tonight cause the last moonlight event it was WFO.

Just our of curiosity, how did everyone else do? Maybe next time a boat is better.

koifish
07-25-2010, 08:10 AM
big skunk too. Fish at bl for 3 hours no bite on the rods. Moved to sr then no bite either... .

msos
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm glad that I couldn't make it last night. It usually very wide open.

GeordyBass
07-25-2010, 02:50 PM
a lot of people got skunked... i saw u guys catch that fish too lol

They pumped in a ton of water friday and it messed up the fishing.

BBfish
07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I was there Friday with T/O and it was a weird day fishing for sure!!!!!

CAPT'N
07-25-2010, 03:10 PM
We were far from wide open, but caught a steady rate of linesides . Lost a big one, and landed a 3-4 lber. Lots of schoolies as well.

Capt'n

BALLERONBUDGET
07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Fished 9 -1230 from dam. Moss everywhere every cast all over hook line and sinker. 1-2 fish caught if u were even lucky enough to get a bite . Full mocn prob didnt help and let fish feed elsewhere... Did like faster crew who did prechecks and pay collection as u waited in line:lol:, unlike last month when they opened gates at 830. They shudda ticketed or enforced day boaters to leave lot or possibly those who hung out to fish nite event for free?, no visible lifeguards or sherrifs patrolling the lots. Considering to go or skip nxt nite event.. Heard day fishing from dam has been crappy aswell ..july skunks for most shore guys

fishinone
07-25-2010, 06:03 PM
We were far from wide open, but caught a steady rate of linesides . Lost a big one, and landed a 3-4 lber. Lots of schoolies as well.

Capt'n

I was there with Cap'n, Mike and LoweBoat. Nothing special but we had steady pick and wound up with about 15 that we kept

We threw back a bunch of smaller ones and we all farmed fish after fish.

You can consider the lake well planted after our farming session.

valenciamat
07-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I fished from the Dam until midnight. Got 1 that was 3-4 lbs. I had a few strong bites and lost another one. It was way slow compared to the last event and tons of moss everywhere.

plastics
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Fished for bass all night and threw the kitchen sink. I did manager 4 fish with one 3 pounder for the biggest, which was nice, but last month, we lost count, so not sure what the deal was Saturday night, but it was SLOW for us too.

Fishbones
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I heard it was tough fishing for all, weird year of fishing for sure..fresh and salt.

msos
07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Fished 9 -1230 from dam. Moss everywhere every cast all over hook line and sinker. 1-2 fish caught if u were even lucky enough to get a bite . Full mocn prob didnt help and let fish feed elsewhere... Did like faster crew who did prechecks and pay collection as u waited in line:lol:, unlike last month when they opened gates at 830. They shudda ticketed or enforced day boaters to leave lot or possibly those who hung out to fish nite event for free?, no visible lifeguards or sherrifs patrolling the lots. Considering to go or skip nxt nite event.. Heard day fishing from dam has been crappy aswell ..july skunks for most shore guys

That right. Life guard and sheriffs should've ticketed those day's boats and angler that refuse to leave the lake on time.

BIGBASS MB
07-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Over the years i'v learnd that fishing during the full moon is tough, the natural bait is available for them with just enugh moon light for them to feed on,
As for me personally, I don't go fishing when theres a Full Moon.
Thats just my 2 cents worth...
MB

Hitts0n
07-26-2010, 11:12 PM
I slayed 5 from the dam !! Great fishing.....then I woke up....lol