PDA

View Full Version : Another bad day at Silverwood

qbi2001
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Took the kayak out to silverwood this morning. I should have known it was gonna be an off day when my fishfinder wasn't working. I trolled from cleghorn all the way up miller canyon and not even interest. I switched up to a mini jig and caught some palm size blue gill but nothing notable. I dropped anchor for a while and began drifting anchovie hoping maybe I could pick up a bait bite. That didn't work either.

This lake has been tough this year, and weekends suck with all the pleasure boaters. Still had 5 hours on the water and the bluegill saved the skunk. Had a bad fishing day, but got in a good paddle so no complaints.

drifter023
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
:Soap Box: I was there yesterday got one 23'' and that was the only bite all day. That place just p**** me off. but it is so close to home I got to get it figured out will be back in a few weeks or if I can get a day off during the week....

seal
07-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Silverwood will pick up, they have yet to move out throughout the lake, only stacked up in "certain spots" right now. I know it's hard, patience is getting tough to muster.

drifter023
07-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Patience my butt I got to kill some just got to figure them out:Big Grin: And they are winning but got to keep trying. After all that is part of the fun:Nut Kick:. Hopefully get out of work one day this week and give it another try....

qbi2001
07-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I know this lake is a good fishery, I've been fishing it for years. It is just slow to start this season. I've been going 2-3 times a month checking the striper bite. It should kick off very soon now that its hot.

seal
07-25-2010, 07:14 PM
I know this lake is a good fishery, I've been fishing it for years. It is just slow to start this season. I've been going 2-3 times a month checking the striper bite. It should kick off very soon now that its hot.

Yup showed signs recently but then backed off, Moon phase??? Don't know but my buddy out at Mead has had the same type of bite this year on the stripers, WEIRD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

drifter023
07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Yea even out at Havasu has changed where we would get them nothing. Tons of cats but no stripers I know they are there and always eating just got to find them...

Lunker1979
07-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Well good.....I've been dying to head up there but I've been waiting for a descent report from you fellas before I did. I guess I'll just stick with DVL in the mean time. Is there a lot of skiers and all that other crap with the nice weather? I have to rent a boat up there so I was wondering if I should do the half day or full day rental. Thanks for the updates!

drifter023
07-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Lunker, yup lots of stuff going on out there I would half day it be there early. Hopefully be back there soon and update got to try some trolling and drifting.