PDA

View Full Version : Isabella in the evening

Fishin Magician
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Took the wife and kids out last evening. Launched at 6pm and headed to the mouth of the river. Dropped the Rapala in for the last 150 yards and started off with a nice trout. Stopped at my favorite hole and took out the flyrod for the evening rises. Caught 7 up to 1 1/2lbs on an Adams. Nothing like top water action. My wife caught an additional 5 on power bait while the kids swam on the other side. Back on the trailer by 8:15. No wind to worry about.

Fishbones
07-23-2010, 11:34 AM
sounds like a perfect evening, congrats on the trout, thanks for sharing.

hookjaw77
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Good job John
Did you see any bugs on the water or is Adams just the go to fly?
Swanee

Fishin Magician
07-24-2010, 06:59 AM
There has been a hatch of some sort. Don't know what they are but the trout have been very active. I Just happened to tie on an adams to start and never had to change. I heard they are yellow sallies but don't know for sure. Stimulators have been working well with a hopper dropper set up according to my sources.

tracker16
07-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Are there any restrictions on the lake as far af boating becouse of fire.
Are the boat ramps open.

Thank you
tracker16

FishingwithDave
07-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Fishin Magician - thanks for the report! I've heard that there is a nasty algea bloom or something going on that is turning the lake green. Any truth to this rumor? Have you any insight to how the catfish and crappie bite has changed since your last update, which was by the way, excellent.

Thanks!

Fishin Magician
07-30-2010, 06:52 AM
no restrictions on boating. I have noticed the algea starting to bloom in some of the warmer coves. I hope to have a better report in a day.

tracker16
07-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Fishing Magician
Thanks for your reports, I live in Bakersfield and restricked to the lakes I can go becouse taking care of my mom.
Its nice to have a local report from some one who injoys the area and fishing, Im thinking about going up this weekend or just Saturday and was thinking of going to the northfork in the trees for trout and some crappy well
anyway I just wanted to thank you for your reports.

tracker16