PDA

View Full Version : First tuna species..and yes I ate the heart!!

REZ
07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Went out on a 2 day SC surffishing charter out of Seaforth sportfishing(buddy got sick I took his place) in SD. I have to say that this trip was one of the best experiences I have EVER had fishing. The guys at the Pacific Voyagers tried REALLY hard these past couple of days..The crew, people I fished with, and the landing were REALLY impressive..Although we didnt get a group load of tuna they worked really hard to make sure we had a great experience. Jeff the cook was AMAZING I think I gained 10lbs in the past few days...it was unreal!!

This was my first 2 day charter and I would have to say that now I understand why people do these trips so much. I cant say enough of how great and energetic capt Mark was...REAL people..no salesmen, just REAL people that just love what they do, and thats something I felt while I was on the boat TOTAL positive engery..Pacific Voyager I THANK YOU for a great experience on your boat!! Here are some of the pics I took.

This was my first time catching a tuna of any kind...and yes I ate the heart and I will post video up when I get it. lol Didnt throw up or gag either lol..I chewed if for a while too lol. taste great!

It was great to share the rail again with Juan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmNkNHEtO-4

Fishbones
07-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Congrats REZ on your first albie,.,.and you ate the heart, your hardcore bro,

looks like your hooked for sure now.Thanks for the report and sweet pics,

KILLA
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Good for you, sounds like a great charter. Thanks for keepin the tradition alive.

Tight lines

KILLA

fisherman from long beach
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
ate the heart damn,sounds like you had a good time.thanks for the report and pics.

E.A.R.G.
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM
it really tasted good? symbolically or literally? haha

Either way, congrats on the feeeshh!!!! I want one. this season is the season!

JapanRon
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi REZ,

Congrats. Are you aware of what part of fishy you have to traditionally eat when you catch your second Tuna ? Bet they didn't tell you that one. heh heh heh ! Carry on the tradition !!

JapanRon

REZ
07-23-2010, 10:42 AM
it really tasted good? symbolically or literally? haha

Either way, congrats on the feeeshh!!!! I want one. this season is the season!

Honestly it wasnt bad..If you like sushi you can eat the heart...The heart is a muscle and so its the meat ya eat when you eat sushi!...just a bit tougher...just dont think about it too much. Just do it and down it! LOL

kgselect
07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Congrats on the tuna. I agree, 2-day trips are the way to go. Much better chance of getting into fish, better range & much more fishing time. Thanks for the report.

smokehound
07-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Dude, hell yeah! Nice job on the albie! That's some good eating right there.

Jackpot Jimmy
07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Nice job Rez...congrats on your first albie!!!

Brian_GSC
07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
YUM! Tastes even better chased by an ice cold beer!

Congrats dude!

Which Way Out
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Nothing like it, is there? I like a fish that say's I am here ! Congrats and tnx for the report. The fisssssshies are getting closer..........

elevated
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
what, that dinner was from the boat, looks unreal! nice report and nice job on the first of many more tuna!

marzocchi
07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Lucky number 7, Rob.

Zach1093
07-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the first partner, anything tastes good when you wash it down with a cold one lol. Was a nice fish to!

REZ
07-25-2010, 01:16 PM
anything tastes good when you wash it down with a cold one lol!

fo sho!!! wasnt as bad as people made it out to be....next on the list of hearts...a yellow tail heart.