PDA

View Full Version : dfg bummerrrr

E.A.R.G.
07-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Scheduled Catfish Planting:

Currently, all DFG sponsored catfish stockings in the South Coast Region (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties) have been temporarily suspended due to the State's current budget impasse. Stocking will resume shortly after a new budget is signed by the Governor.

Danny300
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
good thing we all paid for fishing licenses!!!!!! :Rolls Eyes:

Fishbones
07-22-2010, 11:49 PM
O well,.,. we still got the golden bass,.,lol

Eat Sleep Fish
07-23-2010, 12:15 AM
~ CALIFORNIA~

Can't put it any simpler.

smokehound
07-23-2010, 01:37 AM
if its any consolation, Ahnold's genitalia is likely very very very small.

And Maria's hoohoo is big enough to put two hands in and clap.

FishermanStu
07-23-2010, 06:23 AM
anyone wanna come to louisiana?

Which Way Out
07-23-2010, 08:03 AM
:Soap Box:Amazing how they don't have money to put fish in a lake. Let me think for a second,,,,,,, The fish are already hatched, grown out and sitting in a tank/pond. So whats the cost? Put them in a truck and DRIVE them to a lake? Give me a break. The guys working there are getting paid to do what now? Sit there and wait for some ink to dry and magically gas will get in the truck and the guys can drive it. Can you say Political Hostage? We spent the money on our license's and the govanator let us down once again. D-BAG.:Head Bang:

Brian_GSC
07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Sad. This state is seriously going downhill fast!

fishinone
07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe Ahnold can sell da catfish to a hush puppies restaurant to raise money.

I like Catfish and Hush-Puppies.

cartmanis
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
:Dog Piss:ya i saw this, i want my F#$%# money back this is ridiculous fishing was supposed to be a CHEAP hobby for me and its turned to be anything but, i could have bought another car by now, now i have to drive even farther for the stockers or risk a probable skunk at a local hole, or pay the overpriced costs of a pay lake, simply ridiculous. not only did they get me for the Ls but they also got me on one of those F$%$n parking permits that also cost 125bucks so i dont have to drop 10 bucks every entry. arnold needs to f#$# die get the f#$%# off the governor desk and let someone else F$54 us over for awhile i think he has had enough fun at our expense :Twisted: i say we riot :Twisted:

CALFISHER4EVR
07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I think anarchy is coming to Cal--i--fornia very soon.

smokehound
07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I think anarchy is coming to Cal--i--fornia very soon.Being an Anarchist is actually the most american thing you can do ;)

After all, this country was FOUNDED by anarchists ;)

tree
07-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Time to get to the ocean more!

fishinone
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
I think anarchy is coming to Cal--i--fornia very soon.

A welcome guest for just a short time, after stupidities visit.

bluehunter
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Rediculous. Guess we just have to rely on the private lakes to do stockings. This state is all messed up. To the cut backs in education, to the cut backs in state workers as far as furloughs and furlough offshoots in other jobs and even salaries cut backs in the making. Does not surprise me that cutbacks are being made in the DFG stockings.

dixoncider
07-23-2010, 09:09 PM
This make lake irvine look that much better

CPT. Kirk
07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Road trip
Bayou State or bust

CL SmooV
07-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Road trip
Bayou State or bust

I right behind you Cap!

But we gotta fish a cali pond soon together, let me know...

Hoshnasi
07-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to throw a couple details I discovered and posted a few weeks back in an older thread.

The DFG took in close to 62 million in 2010 in license fees. Of that total 1/3 was slatted for stockings and hatchery work.

Due to the lack of stockings I contacts the DFG and spoke with the South Coast head in the area of fish stocking. He said that all trout stockings will continue since the DFG owns the hatcheries. Catfish, however are purchased from third parties. Which the DFG has discontinued paying for to keep its people employed. He also said that yes catfish stocking will return once the budget is agreed on.

FishermanStu
07-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Road trip
Bayou State or bust

launching... free
bait... free
gas... not free but cheaper
fishing in 100 degree heat and 100 percent humidity... priceless

I say legalize marijuana= problem with budget, solved

stressD
07-24-2010, 03:23 AM
I say legalize marijuana= problem with budget, solved

couldn't agree more :Thumbs Up:

very long overdue!

seal
07-24-2010, 07:31 AM

very long overdue!

Ditto, LEGALIZE IT!

tree
07-24-2010, 07:38 AM

very long overdue!

I don't know if you know, but it already is taxed in California (at least the cities that have legal dispensaries). I'm not sure any of the marijuana money gets to the DFG... I doubt it.

Dreamer
07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Like an earlier reply said, "Fish are hatched, grown, and sitting in pond waiting to get stock." Since they don't have the money to stock the fishes. No need for them to come down here, I'll head up their way to pick up my limit of fish =0) haha