PDA

View Full Version : Whale wallops yacht in South Africa

Techtito
07-22-2010, 04:33 PM
They had to have been messing with that whale...

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Whale-wallops-yacht-South-Africa/ss/events/sc/072110jumpingwhale

DockRat
07-22-2010, 07:08 PM
That's pretty insane.
DR

sawoobley
07-22-2010, 07:58 PM
They said the whale breached about 500 feet or yards away then 250 then right next to them. So accident?

That being said I think this could be a fake photo. The photo raises several questions:

1) The man in the photograph is looking straight ahead. Shouldn't he be startled? He has plenty of time at this point. In one video he says they both saw the whale jump and they looked up at it and then ducked and the mast nearly hit him when it collapsed.

2) Shouldn't there be more water/waves from the whale coming out of the ocean like that?

3) Where is the man's wife? Inside the cabin?

4) If a 40 ton whale lands on the side of the boat (in the middle) then the left side of the boat is going to suddenly and violently jerk downwards sending the man airborne and his wife is going to slammed into the walls of the cabin. So, why did they not sink?

5) In picture #2... how did the sail and pole land exactly horizontally across the boat and centered instead of falling over into the ocean?

6) Why are they still afloat after having a whale land on there boat.

7) There happens to be a man close enough to to take a close-up picture of the incident at exactly the right time as this unlikely event happens. A videotape of the incident captures the whole thing on tape including each of the three breaches that the couple said took place. Also the camera had the whale and the boat in perfect view to see both of them for the whole event. Why were they not focused on the whale? Why the interest in getting the other boat in their initial video shot?

I don't mean to be cynical but after having been burned a few times by several hoaxes I start to question what I read now. Do you people remember the story about the kid that was trapped in a hot air balloon that accidentally took off and they thought he may have fallen out of it. The next day it was revealed that the dad staged the whole thing and even had his other young son support his story and be the eye witness to the whole thing. Yes, well I heard this as being reported on the radio in real time. Everyone got worked up and city resources were dispatched. The story sounded a little fishy but we all just assumed that no one would make up such a story and then go on national television bawling their eyes out and pleading for the safe return of their son. There have been several other instances since then. If it is proven to be true, then I apologize ahead of time, until then I remain somewhat skeptical...

:Cool:

smokehound
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
the corporate media is known for lying about the true events ;)

There was a famous incident where TIME magazine lied, and said a hospital was a "concentration camp" and took a photo of a skinny man as the posterboy of abuse. They took a picture of a skinny emaciated man, which ended up actually just being some guy with a high metabolism that always looked like that.

I cant remember whether it was ABC, NBC, or CBS, but one of the three lied about a car, and told their viewers that it had a flaw that made it engulf itself in flames.. It was later revealed that they put a flammable substance under the car to cause it to catch fire.

The anchors that covered this story apologized live on the air, and admitted to rigging the car to burst into flames.

Scandalous, no?

Techtito
07-26-2010, 01:33 PM
How bout a video.....

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=67624@kpix.dayport.com

smokehound
07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
still not convinced. :LOL:

that looked ridiculously fake.