PDA

View Full Version : 2 Daz Bassin' on the 'Shoe' w/pics

JapanRon
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0721ShortRpt10P1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0721ShortRpt10P2.jpg

Fresh
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Great report. Glad to see the shoe is still hitting.

Fishbones
07-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the local update JapanRon, its like a live weekly fish report, always a pleasure to read and enjoy.

JapanRon
07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Fresh,

Yes Thanks. I got a feeling one better get out there next week if it's a ton of Sandbass they want to pull on ..... this season on.... the moo-moos.

JapanRon

JapanRon
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi fishbones,

Thanks. Glad to see you're fishing here and there .... gives one a perspective on our fishery. I'll probably fish 3 maybe 4 times next week cuz I don't think the Sandies are gonna bite like they are now forever.

JapanRon

shioda
07-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Great report as always, JR. Frankly, I prefer if the bite cools off. Too many people on the Moo Moos for me. I always catch something for the pot, so I don't care if it is wide open or not. Of course, it is fun when it is wide open, but once I have a limit I would rather go home. I am not in to catching fish just to release them. I would rather have a small load and so so fishing than a crowded boat with wide open fishing. Don't like spending time and being frustrated by tackles, etc. because of people using the wrong equipment or not knowing what they are doing. Been feeling this way since a trip years ago on the Premier with 60 fellow fishermen. Hooked my first yellowtail and he got away after tangling my line with 3 other lines .

Jackpot Jimmy
07-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Nice report Ron, thanks! I almost had a plastics only day yesterday...caught most of my calicos on the red flake colored blam...I'm getting close!!! :LOL:

JapanRon
07-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi shioda,

Ah ha ha ha We are so alike in temprement in this way. But .... I may be even more radical as .... I get a special kick out of catching fish when no one else or few others are/can ...... especially if the skipper and or there's a bunch of hardcore baiters on board and it just ain't workin' for 'em !! As I don't keep fish, I don't have a numbers' goal and when I've had enough action, I'm ready to head home. You'll hear me singing 'I wanna go home' or asking in a kids voice to a buddy .... 'are we back yet or 'mommy told me to be home by 5' about 1pm with the wind comes up and we're in the zone of dimenishing returns. As in .... the longer one fishes .... the fewer fish caught when the blow starts !! Don't mind the dirty looks from those leaning over the rail cranking their spinners for dear life i.e. for that last fish .... no matter how many they have in the bag(s) I'm usually done 30 to 45 minutes before we pull the hook ... no matter what the catching so I just wander around chatting with buddies and enjoying being out !!

Yes, my plan is to also do a number of 3 or 4 consecutive days fishing once I see the counts are starting to dwindle and patron loads go back to the 15 or 20 on the weekdays !

Gee I sure come off a bit selfish ...... hum ..... how embarassing ...... NOT !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

You sure are !! Next step is to tear yourself away from a surefire bait or retrieve and try to get 'em by ........... fishing for the big boys or naming your target species and go for them. It's a thrill to call the fish that's different from what others are catching and be successful !! Great confidence builder too !!

Remember .......No trips to the bait trough means ......... more fishing time at the rail !!

JapanRon