PDA

View Full Version : Lol!!! Wtf?!

TFC_arvilJDM
07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Watch this video clip of these japanese guys fishing inside King Harbor in Redondo Beach. :EyePop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp3RvcWb18

Fishbones
07-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Theres actually a few members on here that have hooked and landed those broomtail groupers.
Those fish have been in the harbor for years and years, and must be released if caught by law.

Swank909
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
That looked like fun!

City Dad
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey, anyone know what ever happened to Lokey?

smokehound
07-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Its ah barack seabahss! :LOL:

Lokey is probably being forced to fight for his life by rich skinheads in underground racist cage-matches after being caught on a private dock. LOL

Hometown
07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I thought that fish was to tan to be a black seabass I didnt know there were broom tail in king harbour or anywere else in callifornia for that matter thanks for the info
Theres actually a few members on here that have hooked and landed those broomtail groupers.
Those fish have been in the harbor for years and years, and must be released if caught by law.

troutdog
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
One heck of a fish, thanks for the post.

TD

Sublime-Steve
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Its ah barack seabahss! :LOL:

Lokey is probably being forced to fight for his life by rich skinheads in underground racist cage-matches after being caught on a private dock. LOL

LOL! OH MAN you had me rollin

Which Way Out
07-22-2010, 05:36 PM
In the past few years I heard of more Black seabass being caught than ever before. Maybe they are recovering better than ever. I sure hope so but you know if they are, people are going to get caught with em.

DockRat
07-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Like you said ' Lol!!! Wtf?! "
He had trouble rolling it out of the boat then how did he get out of the water ?
BSB Abuse.
DR

smokehound
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
this is definitely not Stereolepis Gigas.. This is a broomtail grouper-- a true bass. Notice the long pointed face?

Giant seabass have a more rounded, shorter face-- and arent basses at all! They are actually called "Wreckfishes" and are in their own family. (though they MAY be related to stripers, but we dont know for sure yet)

Fishbones
07-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks smokehound for the sweet info,
Back in the day my buddy Wayne use to work the bait receiver and one day called me on and said look between the boards.
Holly cow i almost fainted, i was speechless just staring at them and all there beauty.

jerryG
07-23-2010, 02:02 AM
As Fishbones has mentioned stories of broomtails living in King Harbor have been going for many years. I remember crew members from the Redondo Sportboats telling stroies of big broom tails living in King Harbor back in the late 80's and it would not suprise me if the rumors of Broomtail had been going on for many years before that. For a long time I thought that the broomtails were nothing more than a local fishing legend but over the years I heard several stories from some very reliable sources. A friend had one chasing a hooked bonito one day.

JerryG

Lightline
07-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Watch this video clip of these japanese guys fishing inside King Harbor in Redondo Beach. :EyePop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp3RvcWb18

Wow I would have never thunk

Ifishtoolittle
07-23-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVn-S1eN1dA

Here's a video I found giving a very clear view of those beasts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjmqknTACHQ&feature=channel

Here's another.

smokehound
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I bet a whole spiny lobster would nail a massive grouper.. *shifts eyes deviously*

To be honest, I wouldnt be comfortable with those giants swimming near me, especially with so many together like that.

I know they prefer crustaceans, but dang. Imagine if one felt you were invading his territory. He could rough you up so bad. :LOL:

midgettosser1
07-24-2010, 07:29 PM
"All of King Harbor like them boys with them daisy dukes on"

olfishergal
07-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey, anyone know what ever happened to Lokey?

He's over at GentBent