PDA

View Full Version : Green corosion on stainles real parts?

Hometown
07-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the corrosian on stainless real parts I know they sell something called salt X but was looking for home remidies. TIA :HOMETOWN:

smokehound
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
green corrosion.. thats weird, that usually only happens with brass or copper o_O

Nessie Hunter
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Ill bet its a Penn reel, old Jigmaster maybe????

Some WD40 and kitchen nylon scrub pad will get it off, ReelX, SaltX will "help" keep it off (if applied regular).
The Stainless or chrome will be pitted......
And it will do it again fast as the copper/brass is now exposed.

I use a Marine Corrosion resistant Bearing grease LubRmatic brand on the inside of Reels, seems to keep corrosion out darn good....
Outside is handled to much to keep anything on the finish you will just have to stay on top of it...

Hometown
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
thanks for the info and yes its a penn but no jig master its a 30w International not much green on it but want to get a handle on it now before it gets worse.
Ill bet its a Penn reel, old Jigmaster maybe????

Some WD40 and kitchen nylon scrub pad will get it off, ReelX, SaltX will "help" keep it off (if applied regular).
The Stainless or chrome will be pitted......
And it will do it again fast as the copper/brass is now exposed.

I use a Marine Corrosion resistant Bearing grease LubRmatic brand on the inside of Reels, seems to keep corrosion out darn good....
Outside is handled to much to keep anything on the finish you will just have to stay on top of it...