PDA

View Full Version : Vine On 7/21

silkgato
07-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Went to the vine today, arrived at about 6:15, spoke with Kewl man Kewly and launched with my buddy and his son. This was my buddy's first chance to fish Irvine for Crappie and we were excited about what the lakes been doing this year for people fishing them. We drifted the Flats for two by 7:30 and not another on the boat afterwards. I did manage a couple of bass on minnie jigs and two pound test with one appearing to be 4 or 5 lbs. I am going to attempt to post the phone photo. We tried very little for cats since we wanted crappie.

See you guys on the water.

I love the Wednesday crowd.

Fishbones
07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Beautiful fish, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Trout Doctor
07-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Went to the vine today, arrived at about 6:15, spoke with Kewl man Kewly and launched with my buddy and his son. This was my buddy's first chance to fish Irvine for Crappie and we were excited about what the lakes been doing this year for people fishing them. We drifted the Flats for two by 7:30 and not another on the boat afterwards. I did manage a couple of bass on minnie jigs and two pound test with one appearing to be 4 or 5 lbs. I am going to attempt to post the phone photo. We tried very little for cats since we wanted crappie.

See you guys on the water.

I love the Wednesday crowd.

That HAD to be fun on 2 lb test.

kewlwhip
07-21-2010, 05:52 PM
hey whats up silkgato! Glad you got a few of the crappie- since the contest weekend, the crappie have moved around a bit, but once you find them, its ON! Your LMB photo is nice, congrats! Photos look better then the story in person :Wink:

see ya out there soon!
Wednesday crowds are one of the best (if you want to fish!)
ps Incase some of the readers or others dont' know... MONDAYS at the Vine are 1/2 off!!

MAVERICK27
07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Atta boy Matt!!! Nice fish. Couldn't have found a nicer guys line to bite. Thanks for sharing.

silkgato
07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Mav, if it weren't for the schooling you have given me this year landing fish, that thing would've popped my line for sure.

Next couple of weeks is football stuff so I will get at you soon to get out and fish.

Matt

bman90278
07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Nice report. Its a great catch when you get a nice LMB on a mini jig on light line. I assume you were fishing for crappie at the time and wondered why your line was spoolin so much. :) Good stuff!!!!

Brian

bman90278
07-22-2010, 05:07 PM
ps Incase some of the readers or others dont' know... MONDAYS at the Vine are 1/2 off!![/I]

I was just wondering about that today. Thanks for the info. Are they doing it through the end of summer? Any word?

Thanks,
brian