PDA

View Full Version : New Tubin.

TFC_arvilJDM
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Whats up fellow tubers! Well my cousin (TFC_Skunk562) and I finally got our 1st float tubes, and would want to try them out at Newport Harbor. We've fished this harbor on the skiffs many times before, and was just wondering where we can park our truck and set up our tubes and float and fish away at?

Thanks.

Liteweight
07-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I've never been there (although I intend too as soon as I get my Yak) but if you check some of the past posts there are locations noted. If my memory serves me, some guys go to the end of 15th street. I might be wrong, but I hope this helps.
LW.

Fishbones
07-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Good luck Arvil and Cuz...

sawoobley
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Just look for the public docks, any of them will do. There are docks on M street and 15th street and several on Balboa island. 15th street has a nice little park where you could set-up your tube but the parking immediately around it is metered and is closed on Wednesdays for street sweeping (I believe). I went to Newport Harbor a week or so ago (on Wednesday) to see if I could build and launch a pontoon. The only suitable place was 15th street since I have to push it over there on its front wheel like a wheelbarrow. However, if you have a float tube then you could just walk your stuff over to the docks, then set it up and fish. There are walls everywhere so you have to carry your stuff over the walls or maneuver through the narrow walkways. I guess I'll have to try tubin sometime.

:Cool:

TFC_arvilJDM
07-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Just look for the public docks, any of them will do. There are docks on M street and 15th street and several on Balboa island. 15th street has a nice little park where you could set-up your tube but the parking immediately around it is metered and is closed on Wednesdays for street sweeping (I believe). I went to Newport Harbor a week or so ago (on Wednesday) to see if I could build and launch a pontoon. The only suitable place was 15th street since I have to push it over there on its front wheel like a wheelbarrow. However, if you have a float tube then you could just walk your stuff over to the docks, then set it up and fish. There are walls everywhere so you have to carry your stuff over the walls or maneuver through the narrow walkways. I guess I'll have to try tubin sometime.

:Cool:

Thanks bro, one of he members had PM me about the same things you just said. We ended up on balboa island, on the public dock next to the ferry, we got super lucky with parking, just a few feet away from the docks. Set up our stuff, and hopped in. Tons of fun, fishing, and cruising while cute hotties are on the sidewalk & kayaks = "sight seeing" haha. Ill be back in the waters this weekend as well! Can't wait!