PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/20

P.A.W.
07-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Started early like 6:15. Most bass are off shore in like 12-20 feet. Caught a couple 1lb fish then I tried my new frog in a cove. WHAM! Unfortunatly I hadn't yet locked my reel and pulled back on him........ backlash!!!! SH@#$!! A bit later I threw a chatterbait for a few minutes. I thought WTF and just let it sink to about 15' then started reeling BAM! A nice 5lb. LMB. ( I weighed it). After that things were just spotty and I got hot and left around 11:30.

BTW he spit up a bunch of crayfish in my livewell so that's what he likes. Hope the pic works.

HeavyHitter
07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Sweet catch! Did you see anyone catching any stripers?

Fishbones
07-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats on the catch, thanks for the report.

CL SmooV
07-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinner is a lake on my hit list. Ive never been. An angler @ DVL weeks ago told me that you HAVE to hit skinner up soon.

The bass bite there can be rewarding.

Thanks for the report.

P.A.W.
07-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys. Yah CL, Skinner can be on, but it's more hit-n-miss than DVL and you'll be averaging 1-2 lb most of the time. I like it cuz it has a cozy feel. The launch ramp is like 25 feet long.
Heavy, I did see the usual guys out along the buoy line and anchored down the trench, but I didn't talk to any of them. Being a tuesday there must have been just 1/2 a dozen boats on the lake.