PDA

View Full Version : Poach'n basstards crew in search 7/18

KILLA
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Finally got the call! My buddy Cliff has been fishing with a co-worker on his 21ft Parker lately and finally there was a open spot. So not being able to pass up the chance I had to cancel all plans with my gf. So Cliff and I got to Dana Point Harbor around 0830 loaded, launched, fuel, scooped (small & large dines ). We decided to cruz out 5-7 miles in search for some patty's. We cruised up to a few with no signs, found a couple with some bait balls but, after a few attempts with no love we headed towards the plant. Fished the bigger patty's in search of some bass action. Using mostly the smaller dines we started hooking up. Mack's ate most of it trying to get the bait deeper but the cudda's got there share as well. Finally started hooking into some calico's and sandbass. Switched it up and made a few stops along the way in to the harbor. While drifting we caught a couple nice sandbass. I was a great trip and I really enjoyed the elbow room. All fish caught and released except for one Mack which was rigged to the ocean floor...lol Sorry no pics, my camera decided it didn't feel like working that day.

Tight lines

KILLA

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
congrats on a good day, as you know we searched some inshore paddy's as well 11 to 15 miles or so....no one home..

But thats how the blue desert search can go...

Glad ya got on some action, next time bring a backup camera, always love ta see da pics..

Nice job,
Gary

JapanRon
07-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi KILLA,

Good day on the water and a few fish for the effort ........ nice. I forgot what fish look like, pls include photos when you can. :)

JapanRon