PDA

View Full Version : SB area Stardust

Fishmaster B
07-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Went out on the Stardust out of Sea Landing. Always a great boat and a great crew. Yesterday was something out of the ordinary. We fished local waters hitting it hard for 8 hrs plus. I ran into Roy from Goleta. Nice guy. I ended up with two nice white sea bass. Hit the jackpot with the larger one. Lots of scooters for the boat. Ive been fishing the waters here since I was a kid and this was impressive. Never got too far from the harbor so there was lotsa time to fish. I cant say enough about the crew. First reaction from the passengers when they learned that we were not going to the islands was not very favorable, but as soon as the fish started coming on board it was all smiles and an unexpected trip of a lifetime for most on board.

Which Way Out
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Congrats on the JP. Glad to see the fish start to bite. How did the water look? Along the shore south of the wharf was ugly.

Fishbones
07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
congrats on a sweet looking wsb and jackpot to boot, thanks for sharing,.

Brian_GSC
07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
nice fish dude! Way to go!

Fishmaster B
07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
The red tide has been killer down south for a bit, but it was nice clean water not too far outside. Thick bait balls and lots of activity. Lookin at east beach right now and it looks pretty clean, im gonna hit the surf after work ill keep yall posted later.

B

Which Way Out
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice catch. hoping for one myself soon. Thanks for the post

bones
07-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Nice going ..........I'm glad you had a great outing and overall bonus filled day. I also agree about Roy. Very knowledgable Marine biologist student and overall pleasent young man to fish with!

troutdog
07-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Awesome costal fishing, congrats on the wsb and JP. A prime example of why the captain runs the boat and not the customers!

TD

Deep Sea Angler
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Awsome Fish, Nice when trips turn out great.....

brubo
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice WSB Fishmaster! I know the crew of the Stardust, great guys. I live in SB I Have been float tubing 1 Legal hali
so far looking to get out next wknd. Do you float tube? Have been talking to some buddies about putting together a friendly tubing competition. Anyone interested in the SB area? Just testing the waters to see if anyones is game.
Brubo.

Fishmaster B
07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I dont float tube often in the surf, I do just fine with the halis from the sand. I fish the stardust often and also know the crew pretty well. They do a great job and always make it a plesant trip. PM me if you want to hit the surf sometime. I usually hit it 3 to 4 times per week.

brubo
07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Fishmaster I envy you. I dont get out that often with work, side jobs & my daughters. I have been fishing about 1 day a week, am going to try & increase my outings. Good luck out there.