PDA

View Full Version : lagoon question...

Elkubano13
07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
last time we went to the lagoon the water level was really low, so low that our troll motor kept getting caught up in the grass, does anyone know if they will be filling it anytime soon? and how has the large mouth fishing been in the lagoon?

Bassnman Mike
07-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm know that I'm not alot of help here but as to the weeds, they will be there even if they fill it so either stay in deeper water or get yourself a weedless prop.

BassnMan Mike

stg68
07-18-2010, 12:45 PM
You can look on ours reports about bass fishing.
About grass, Mike is right, it’s always there..... As of you on the boat, you can go to deeper spots or find spots in-betweens grass.

xjdesertfox
07-18-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm know that I'm not alot of help here but as to the weeds, they will be there even if they fill it so either stay in deeper water or get yourself a weedless prop.

BassnMan Mike

we never had a problem with the weeds before the water level went down though.

SDDave
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Just fish the edges, look at your graf and fish it with either texas rig or a C-rig with a least a five foot leader and dead stick the bait, again boat control is key, if it's to hard to stay on the trolling motor set the anchor. D.

last time we went to the lagoon the water level was really low, so low that our troll motor kept getting caught up in the grass, does anyone know if they will be filling it anytime soon? and how has the large mouth fishing been in the lagoon?

Bassnman Mike
07-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Weeds in lakes is pretty common, just look at Pyramid during the summer months. But as others have said, just fish the edges. I personally like to use a splt shot rig when fishing the weed lines.

BassnMan Mike

GotBass?
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
They are releasing 5 cfs (cubic feet per second) into the lagoon from about 2am till 5 or 6am and will be until the end of the month. 5 cfs is equivalant to 5 basketballs going by per second. At that rate the release into the lagoon really is only making up for the evaporation of water.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
we never had a problem with the weeds before the water level went down though.
That was probably before water temps sky rocketed...this time of year the goon gets chocked out regularly regardless of water level....happens every season...

that grass can be your friend though...may add dificulty in presentations but it adds valuable oxygen in an oxygen depleted enviroment (real warm shallower water) also cover for baitfish and ambush points for the bass...

If you fish it....they will come..

Good luck