PDA

View Full Version : Which color of power worms?

billy b
07-18-2010, 10:06 AM
What do you like the best?

Also ... wondered if y'all prefer the pink ... or pink shad ... or bubblegum? Many people say they like the "pink" ... and I just wondered if they are the all pink ones? Had some good luck the other day with the pink shad ... and also the red ... no love on the pink.

THANKS

hookon
07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I change, change, change and let the fish tell me what they like. As far as favorites, you can't go wrong with natural, Red and Bubblegum! Remember to keep switching colors till the bites on.

Sierra_Smitty
07-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Billy - in my humble opinion, the florescent orange is BY FAR the most consistant color of the pw's. The guys at South Lake refer to them as "Old Trusty" because regardless of whether the fish are biting or not, you'll usually get bit on those. I've pretty much destroyed all of the mammoth lakes on them too.....backcountry fish as well. If I had to pick one color to bring, it would be orange every time.

Having said that, I always have the following colors with me....
Bubble Gum (which I usually just call pink)
Cheese (which I refer to as yellow)
Red
Natural
Orange Peel
Pumpkinseed

I usually try them in that order - but rarely do I get down to yellow unless I'm experimenting just for fun.

The PW's work great as a trailer on tube jigs as well.

Oh - and if you're keeping fish - those Gulp! worms in orange or pink are rediculous.....similar action to the pw's but a way stronger scent. I don't recommend them as much for C&R though because the fish tend to swallow them, even on fast retreives.

You need to get back up here ASAP Billy - South Lake is absolutely WIDE OPEN right now and the lake is nearly full so the pontoons are available.

TTFN,
Smitty

billy b
07-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I've sent you messages ... and wondered if you had fallen in ...?

TroutOnly
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
graysmoke sparkle if you want to get serious,orblack with sparlkes for in the morning ,or my favorite white sparkles,,,,,,,,,,,,

TrouTHeAd
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
The yellow-orange ones work really well for me.

mason123h
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I have always heard that purple worms work well. I got purple with blue fleck.
Any opinions on whether that will work?