PDA

View Full Version : Albacore Prediction

FISHINGBEE
07-17-2010, 06:01 PM
With it being mid July no Albies. The 3 day boats are having a tough time scratching a trolled fish here a baitfish there. I just got a report of Albacore already in Oregon. about a 115 miles off Santa Cruz the bite got hot and cold. There all between 20 and 30 lbs. Maybe something will appear in October. Seems the Albies are moving North fast and Morro bay was untouched.

FISHINGBEE

Fishbones
07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
it almost seemed that they would just pass us by because of water temp, i hope not....

FISHINGBEE
07-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Checked a recent OREGON catches ! Albacore going strong great counts ! 30 miles out. Nothing in Washington though. Even a few blue fin. I noticed SD fleet 3/4 day boats getting a few bluefin.

FISHINGBEE

jerryG
07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
The albs and bft swim in the same water following the current as it pushes up the west coast each year and then out across the ocean returning when the next season when that current pushes through again but albs are at times are no show for Socal waters. From the mid to late 80s to the mid to late 90's there were no albs caught in SoCal waters. None... The BFT made a show each season however typically during those years the offshore waters would warm up to about 70 in July bringing the YFT, dorado, and yellows with it. No albs but the off shore fishing was good. I think it was in 96' when the albs came back to Socal and they have been back every season since then. Maybe this could be the start of another off pattern for the albs. Needless to say but it's all about conditions. The season can go one of two ways if warm water and bait move up it's game time but if the water stays cold and dirty it ain't going to happen.

Jerryg