PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman 57's Funeral = a beauty !

Hitts0n
07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Well im not going to talk so much cuss it would take 3 days.So...just wanted to say that was a great service and im sure all will agree! Great Pastor,great organizing,great people!
I'm glad I attended.Met up with Phil from the Tradition,JackpotJimmy,CaptN,Man vs Wild,Greg and Troutman65.Soon after,everyone is arriving fora few drink and some lunch.
Great idea Pat and Jimmy.It worked out perfect....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2375.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2376.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2377.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2380.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2378.jpg

We had great laughs,shared some great memories reguarding Dana,and laughed the hours away with Trolly's great story's!! It was time to go and say our goodbyes and show our respects.Found our parking spots and we were in. I didnt take any pictures during the last words and out of respect im sure you guys know why.
The words spoken by everyone who went up to share there past experiences with Dana was priceless.By the way,for those who couldnt make it.......you sure missed a great service.I just had to say that again.I seen faces I havent seen in a while.Greatly missed.
Daniella from Irvine Lake also attended.Bob...from Bob Sands tackle shop in Van nuys,sure had a great speech to tell.

DONNA :

You sure stood strong! You are a strong and beautiful hearted women.You held your grounds,took care of everyone as you could.You were glowing! You 2 were made for each other! Two beautiful humans,with 2 kinds hearts.I hope in the future we all can fish together as a team.Everyone always have something positive to say about you.You sure proved those kind words that everyone speaks of you,all in one day.If you ever need a facebook buddy,someone to talk to,or a Hitts Signal....lol...i'm here for you!!

More pics.....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2383.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2382.jpg

We all had prayer,and let Fisherman57 lay with God.....Thank you for everything big guy:Applause:

Wingnut supprised us all....he opened his doors..and wallet...lol to everyone after the service for dinner and a full bar at his house.Everyone got to meet the worlds famous Wingnut Pug!! :Secret:

Full bar,full food service,full of Team 57,family,friends,and fun !! Thanks again Art !

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2389.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2387.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2386.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2385.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/HPIM2388.jpg

Dinner was great! EL Pollo Loco ! Lot of laughs,nice cool ac,more memories,met some great people and I think it was perfect! Ok im done talking.I want to say it was great seeing everyone once again! Please feel free to add comments or pics to this thread.

Jackpot Jimmy
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks for posting this Armando. :Cool:

The day started with some good ceviche and good times at El Presidente (which was right across the street from the Mortuary). Greg Madrigal showed us his beautiful hand-crafted net that he made for Dana. Great job Greg! Then, onto the service - the service was beautiful...the pastor had a couple of funny stories at the end which were cool of him to share. The eulogies and video were very touching and reminded us all of this great man.

By the way, I think we all need to say a prayer of thanks to Dana for providing shade for us all during the outside service. :Wink: Afterwards, it was off to Wingnut's house for some Family, Friends, and Fun, and talk about Fishing.

THANK YOU Arthur for the food and drinks and letting us into your home to celebrate Dana's life. :Not Worthy: I'm sure he would be proud. We had fun talking with Mr. and Mrs. Pontoon, Big Red, Olfishergal Chris, Sansou, Hitts, Trolly, and many others. Dad and I got a huge kick out of Trolly's jokes...can't wait to hear more of his stories in the future! :ROFL:

Also, Arthur and the world famous Wingnut Pug treated all of us to a dog show. That dog is probably the smartest dog I've ever seen. :Big Grin:

Looking forward to seeing you guys on August 28th at Irvine Lake! :Big Grin:

smokehound
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I would be happy if everyone had a good time like that when i kick the bucket.

Thats the way he would have wanted it =)

How's everyone handling it?

blackwater
07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
You guys are right, you don't hear too many people rave about memorial services but this one was first class all the way.

I got there a little early and followed the signs to where the memorial was being held. I walked into the chapel and what was the first thing that I see? Arthur kneeling in the front row pew of the empty chapel in front of the Holy Cross. That brought an imediate tear to my eyes. :Neutral:

Soon, people started filing in and the room was filled close to capacity. I was proud to be chosen as one of the pallbearers for Dana's casket. Trolly made a hilarious comment to lighten things up a bit. When we were lifting the casket Chris says "Man, maybe Dana shouldn't have eaten that last cheeseburger..." oh man, that had all the guys laughing. :Big Grin:

The priest was awesome and had a great sense of humor. Sansou was the first of the guys to speak, then Pontoon, then Dick from Bob Sands and lastly, Wingnut capped it off with a stirring and powerful eulogy. All the speakers were fantastic and presented an unforgettable tribute to Dana. :Cool: Then came the video tribute courtesy of Flyngby. I just have to described it as simply amazing. Maybe Arthur and Donna will post it up for all to see. Beautiful, and I don't think that there was a dry eye in the entire place. We took Dana to his final resting place next to his Dad and laid him to rest.

Then off to Wingnut's house for a fabulous memorial reception. Arthur, thanks for your genrosity to all the FNN Team 57 members. The catered food was great and I think your entire stock of beer and alcohol was decimated. :LOL: Just sitting around for hours with everybody talking, telling stories and reminiscing about Dana was my favorite part. Wingnut Pug put on quite a show for us too, that dog is as close to being human as a dog can get. :Wink: I met a lot of new Team 57 members and got to know some of the ones I already knew even better. It was quite a day and I wouldn't be out of line by saying that I enjoyed it more than some weddings, lol and I think that's exactly the way Dana would have wanted it. :Cool:

HBAR
07-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I had everything planned out and was about to head out, when I had a diabetic reaction. Always fun when I'm just sitting there sweating like crazy. I had PM'd Donna already (well actually my wife did it for me, I wasn't even able to do that), I sure wish I could have been there.

RIP everyone's friend.

Troutman65
07-17-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't do funerals very well. I have attended two in two Months .

The service for Dana was very nice.

Donna , I am so very sorry for your loss of a great guy . Dana was one in a Billion !!

Authur, thank you for your kindness for opening your home to all that wanted to come over .

It was really nice to see old friends and meet some new ones.

I hope the Team 57 can carry on in the spirt that Dana would be proud of .

TM65

GeordyBass
07-18-2010, 01:38 AM
We can all agree that the Pastor made the whole thing less saddening and I'm sure Dana was with us and enjoying our company. It was nice seeing y'all out there!!1

I was gonna go to wingys but my phone died and i couldn't call anyone for directions till i got home....

The thing that does stand out is Ronald McDonal..... uhh i meant Bones Hair!!!!! LMAOOOOOO

And looking at bigGinger walking like if he was a model.... He's the SlowMoGingerho lol

DockRat
07-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Looks like a nice service.

We can all agree that the Pastor made the whole thing less saddening and I'm sure Dana was with us and enjoying our company. It was nice seeing y'all out there!!1

I was gonna go to wingys but my phone died and i couldn't call anyone for directions till i got home....

The thing that does stand out is Ronald McDonal..... uhh i meant Bones Hair!!!!! LMAOOOOOO

And looking at bigGinger walking like if he was a model.... He's the SlowMoGingerho lol

That is a wild Fro,
Do you Text all the time Geordy ? No wonder why your batteries die. http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac61/avanellelf/704766cn23ebdprm1.gif
OMG, todays youth is addicted to texting.
DR

TroutOnly
07-18-2010, 10:18 AM
THANKS HITTS I WAS OUT OF TOWN AND ON THE ROAD AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and what happened to bones hair,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sue
07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting, Hitts. I couldn't make it as I was at my new job, but I work right on the Back Bay in Newport Beach, so I took my sandwich down to a little picnic area overlooking the water and had my own reflections of Dana and Team57.
Gator and I met for a drink when I got off work, and he told me all about the service - I'd also asked him to get me a copy of the order of service, and he brought me the card with the poem on it which brought tears to my eyes.

Arthur, that was very generous of you to open your house and it looks like you all had a good time remembering the big guy.

Walk with God, Dana, you'll never be forgotten here on Earth.

Hitts0n
07-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Good stuff this day !!:Cool:

flyngby
07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Dana's "Celebration of Life Event" was the toughest of "TEAM 57" get togethers!

For all that were able to attend your must admit that his "Core Values " of "Family, Friends, Fun, & Fishing" were all a part off that day!

"FNN" & "TEAM 57" came to support "Dana's Family" out of respect for the man who spent so much time ensuring we had some great "Events" here , there, and everywhere always !

Family and Friends gathered to pay our respects.

We had some "Fun" with it to "Lighten the Moment" and Dana would have approved!

And we all gathered after and so many new friends were met and some were reaquinted after some lost time.

"Fishing Tales " were told!

Please continue to give the Donna and family support now and into the future!

Steve
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/SIGNITURE2.png

Hitts0n
07-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah it was great seeing everyone that I only see like 3 times a year.Event Tony Catchthattrout....=)

bman90278
07-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks very much for the story and pics of Dana's ceremony. It looks like everyone truly made it a celebration of Dana's Life and that's the way I'm sure Dana wanted to have his service. Although I haven’t been to a Team 57 Event yet, I can tell the Team 57 people are top notch group based on these forums.

Lastly, back when I was dating my wife I can remember a saying her mother had told her, "Show me a person's friends and I can tell what type of person they are" Very true.
I've read a lot about Dana while reading his threads and events...Based on Dana’s thread replies, and the replies when he got sick, and passed away, it tells me something....Dana was an incredible person and was very well loved. I'm sorry I never met him, but I'm sure I will meet the Team 57 Gang soon.

Respectfully,
Brian

billy b
07-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks to all who shared so that us who wanted to ... but couldn't make it ... were blessed by seeing the spirit of Team 57

The flu got into our house and we just weren't up to the long drive.

RIP Dana ... and shalom - eirene to Donna

fishincrave
07-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes Hitts the service was beautiful and it was just the way Dana wanted with laughter and celebration of life.
i saw some old faces and met some new ones.

On a side note i think the Pastor was very funny, he had to be a fisherman .

Seņor.Chilax
07-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I couldn't make it to the service, so I appreciate what you did here, very nice. Thank you big dogg.

perch
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Hello, im fairly new here at the FFN and I didnt get the chance to meet Dana. He sounds like a great person and has made alot of great friends over the years. I hate to hear of news like the passing of a great person but I think its great that so many of you were able to be there for him through the good and rough times and at the services.

It like one big happy family here at FFN. I have been on a lot of websites but never seen so many kind and caring people as there are here. I hope to meet some of you guys and gals someday down the road on the water somewhere your all A+++ in my book and Im sure Dana is watching over you all and pointing you towards the good fishing holes. Take care my thoughta and prayers go out to Dana his great wife Donna and the rest of the crew here at FFN.

Remember to catch a fish for Dana to when your out hooking some fish.

Hitts0n
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I hope you guys enjoyed this small thread!! Keep the replys going....lurkers....lol

Sue
07-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I hope you guys enjoyed this small thread!! Keep the replys going....lurkers....lol

LOL! (But really, lurkers, you're more than welcome and come out more often to continue the legacy that is Team 57. Fun, Friends, Family & Fishing!)

Dana made our little fishing niche in SoCal a better place and we have to perpetuate his legacy and his memory, and one day the fisherchildren will speak of Dana in awe. The man that started it, that gave us friendship and good times. Miss you, big guy!

JSAUCE818
07-21-2010, 06:33 AM
bummed that i got their late, but i rushed as fast as i could right after work...by the time i got there, i caught some of you leaving already. I was told about what was going on at art's house but i just didnt feel right just showing up since i didnt show up to the memorial on time.

Hitts0n
07-21-2010, 07:06 PM
bummed that i got their late, but i rushed as fast as i could right after work...by the time i got there, i caught some of you leaving already. I was told about what was going on at art's house but i just didnt feel right just showing up since i didnt show up to the memorial on time.

Its all good big goggy it was good to see you anyway! Nice ride homie! I should be rolling like that but I hate bills !! LMAO!!:Cool: