PDA

View Full Version : last few trips to the pudd

dday07
07-17-2010, 11:09 AM
fishing has been off the hook in the early evening.just use any chrome lipless cranks with at least a 6.2 gear ratio reel.less than a week ago i got 5 on my first 7 cast! nothing over 3 lbs. but thats ok.long as i'm catching fish.will be there fishing all-nite next week before the full moon and will give a report .

FishinElectrician
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Hit up Puddingstone for the first time today. Man, its a beautiful lake when it comes to shoreline bass cover! It damn near looks like youre fishin a lake down somewhere along some the BASS trail. Anyway...

I worked my way from the north launch ramp along the shore passing the cliffs, those 5 or 6 pilings sticking out of the water, all the way to the south dam. I was throwing a jointed Yo Zuri Sashimi bait, a wacky rigged Cabelas Glo Stik (senko imitation), and a Booyah Hot Wire Spinnerbait. The end result...:Skunk:

I think this is gonna be a lake I frequent now, thanks to the annual passes I have...

Oh yeah, the Sheriff was at the ramp in force, so pack your license, your pfd's, and your cars and boats paperwork!!!

old pudd fisher
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Glad that you like the pudd Lip Ripr just don't give up on its stubboron fish catches, It will pay up with a nice one. In the mean time just injoy being on the lake.

FishinElectrician
07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
^^^Yeah, its a very nice lake! I already cant wait to go back.

If my daughters b day party wasnt next Sat, Id be there for sure! Especially with the cooler weather thats expected next weekend.

CL SmooV
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Im gonna give the night session a try tonight. Why not. Ive never fished the puddy @ night.

Bassy here I come....

TaperSteve
07-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Im gonna give the night session a try tonight. Why not. Ive never fished the puddy @ night.

Bassy here I come....

the Pudd closes at 9pm and you have to be on your way out by 8:45pm or the Sheriffs will be harassing you. It doesnt start getting dark until 8:30pm. Im alittle confused. They have Moonlight fishing dates every summer where you can fish nights but they cancelled the rest of dates for the summer. Not sure if thats what you were thinking about, the next date was supposed to be this Sat. That and you have to have your boat off the water before dusk. So there really isnt night fishing at the Pudd unless you sneak in after they close the gates.

TS

CL SmooV
07-19-2010, 01:24 PM
the Pudd closes at 9pm and you have to be on your way out by 8:45pm or the Sheriffs will be harassing you. It doesnt start getting dark until 8:30pm. Im alittle confused. They have Moonlight fishing dates every summer where you can fish nights but they cancelled the rest of dates for the summer. Not sure if thats what you were thinking about, the next date was supposed to be this Sat. That and you have to have your boat off the water before dusk. So there really isnt night fishing at the Pudd unless you sneak in after they close the gates.

TS

...thanks for the heads up scuba steve. no way id sneak in the pudd. the sheriffs there are special from what i hear. i may end up with a felony count and a trip to pelican bay from what i hear of their prudence.

well, looks like i hittin up the goon again. why not....