PDA

View Full Version : Lake lice?

turnyourhead
07-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I've seen several mentions of "lake lice" which certainly doesn't sound like fun. I've not had any experience with them the very few times I've been to Castaic...

Is it so bad that once you get there, you don't want to stay?
J

SDDave
07-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I've seen several mentions of "lake lice" which certainly doesn't sound like fun. I've not had any experience with them the very few times I've been to Castaic...

Is it so bad that once you get there, you don't want to stay?
J
There a little bug that starts to itch at the back nap of your neck and the itch works it's way down to the middle of your back and further down, this usually happens when your about to set the hook on a fish.
There now are at least six related species of lice, the worst being the variety of Jinwakeboardest... to the Dadekistrentalboatest.
Castaic lake had a answer at first and penned them up in one area, now there everywhere, there worst on the weekends...
You might try some anti-lice ointment, some one here sales it on the boards can't remember who... good luck

Ray Lopez
07-17-2010, 10:51 AM
There a little bug that starts to itch at the back nap of your neck and the itch works it's way down to the middle of your back and further down, this usually happens when your about to set the hook on a fish.
There now are at least six related species of lice, the worst being the variety of Jinwakeboardest... to the Dadekistrentalboatest.
Castaic lake had a answer at first and penned them up in one area, now there everywhere, there worst on the weekends...
You might try some anti-lice ointment, some one here sales it on the boards can't remember who... good luck

I perfer a sling shot loaded with 1 or 2oz egg sinkers to rid of the lake lice. They really bug me on the hot summer weekends. lol

Bassnman Mike
07-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I have found that a BBZ-1 on 50 lb Sufix Performance Braid can be an effective Lake Lice, aka Water Flea, Repellant.

BassnMan Mike

SDDave
07-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I have found that a BBZ-1 on 50 lb Sufix Performance Braid can be an effective Lake Lice, aka Water Flea, Repellant.

BassnMan Mike

That's some expensive ammo there, I like the egg sinker Idea, cheap and sinks out when done proberily...

smokehound
07-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I have more trouble with harbor-beach-lice.

I remember surf-fishing when this kid tries to skim-board in front of me, only to hit a concealed rock, and go face-first into the dry sand.

:LOL:

Another time I had both poles with me, and this jerk drives over my line on purpose.

So i took a big sinker, hooked it to the end of my big pole, with 20 pound test, and casted it out right where he would drive back.

Im just chillin there, feeling baked, and all of a sudden i hear "G-D-it!!" 20 times in a row, followed by a really funny sounding "EEouch!".

I look to the right and it's the same guy with 200 yards of old 20 lb test wrapped around his propeller.. So much smoke coming from the engine. Freakin hilarious :LOL:

Ray Lopez
07-17-2010, 01:47 PM
That's some expensive ammo there, I like the egg sinker Idea, cheap and sinks out when done proberily...

thats what i was thinking. a bbz is close to 50 bucks now. egg sinkers are a few bucks for a package of them and yes they drop down to the deep when done properly lol

xjdesertfox
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM
we were at castaic on thursday, got there at 630 am to find the upper lake empty, launched the boat and started fishing some coves. we decide around 11am to leave the coves and head to elizabeth canyon to chill out. HOLY LAKE LICE EVERYWHERE, people going clockwise instead of counter clockwise, people cutting accross infront of you towing a tube while youre haulin at 35, people coming into coves blasting horrible dance music, the lake lice was ridiculous.

numbnuts
07-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Castaic defiantly has its share of lake lice, but I think Pyramid is the worst. You got the Jetskiers + the punk tuber/wakeboarder/skiers and the dudes with speed boats flying by you at 40 miles an hour when you are anchored on a spot.

tpfishnfool
07-17-2010, 06:11 PM
I would like to know of ONE lake in so cal that is lake lice less ??? ........ Yea thats what I thought.... Sucks

xjdesertfox
07-17-2010, 06:23 PM
lakes with 16 foot max boat length =p

SDDave
07-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I would like to know of ONE lake in so cal that is lake lice less ??? ........ Yea thats what I thought.... Sucks

well three come to mind, DVL. Castas, Cachuma... fishing only....

fishinone
07-17-2010, 08:19 PM

Quail Lake! :LOL:

eldizzel
07-18-2010, 06:36 AM
the lake lice i hate the most is a common la county species called drunk cholos bumping old rap songs. i have not caught a fish at quail lake since i was a kid 18 years ago. what happend 2 all the stripers in that lake?

stg68
07-18-2010, 07:37 AM

BassnMan Mike

why BB-1? I recommend crocodile, 1 oz. Will do the job just fine. Just change the hooks .............:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:: Twisted:

I love when they passing by about 30-40 y away.

Nessie Hunter
07-18-2010, 08:11 AM

DVL... No water contact, so no lake lice....

Fishbones
07-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I like tobuy a few packs of sabikis and string them across the lake like a cloths line.....

Bassnman Mike
07-18-2010, 12:29 PM
why BB-1?

I like seeing the "HOLY CR@P" look on their face when they see this huge lure with massive treble hooks coming their way when they get to close.

Priceless

BassnMan Mike

stg68
07-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I like seeing the "HOLY CR@P" look on their face when they see this huge lure with massive treble hooks coming their way when they get to close.

Priceless

BassnMan Mike

In that case I am 100% with you, I want to be there on that priceless time.

HBAR
07-19-2010, 08:40 AM
I was the lice once when my family and I were camping at Huntington Lake, we set anchor and were slamming the trout. Two guys showed up after we did and got mad cuz we were slammin and he wasn't. So he ties on the biggest weight and bobber he had and starts tossing it towards us. I asked him if he had a problem (we all knew what it was) and I told him, hey ahole throwing something that big isn't going to catch you the fish, it's just going to piss me off. His next cast lands on top of the rental pontoon boat we had.

After that one I said ok my turn, at the time my casting was pretty good told him open your tackle box if I get my 1/4 ounce lure in it on the first time you leave if not we'll leave. Of course you can guess his answer, his buddy was telling him to knock it off that we were there first don't hate because the guys on the boat are catching.

I already had the lure of choice tied on (duh was catching fish!) since I was already casting that way said he it goes, cast and it lands inside his tackle box, he grabs the line cuts it and well the rest is history, ranger happen to been sitting there in his truck. He walks over and starts questioning the guy, yells out to me if I wanted my lure, said no it's ok I've got plenty more he can keep it he needs all the luck he cant get.

So he got a free lure and got a ticket from the ranger. I think the people from the rental office had called the ranger since we were just a couple hundred feet away and they heard the weight hit the roof of the pontoon boat.

fishinone
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I like tobuy a few packs of sabikis and string them across the lake like a cloths line.....

This is genius! Why didn't I think of it?

I was the lice once when my family and I were camping at Huntington Lake, we set anchor and were slamming the trout. Two guys showed up after we did and got mad cuz we were slammin and he wasn't. So he ties on the biggest weight and bobber he had and starts tossing it towards us. I asked him if he had a problem (we all knew what it was) and I told him, hey ahole throwing something that big isn't going to catch you the fish, it's just going to piss me off. His next cast lands on top of the rental pontoon boat we had.

After that one I said ok my turn, at the time my casting was pretty good told him open your tackle box if I get my 1/4 ounce lure in it on the first time you leave if not we'll leave. Of course you can guess his answer, his buddy was telling him to knock it off that we were there first don't hate because the guys on the boat are catching.

I already had the lure of choice tied on (duh was catching fish!) since I was already casting that way said he it goes, cast and it lands inside his tackle box, he grabs the line cuts it and well the rest is history, ranger happen to been sitting there in his truck. He walks over and starts questioning the guy, yells out to me if I wanted my lure, said no it's ok I've got plenty more he can keep it he needs all the luck he cant get.

So he got a free lure and got a ticket from the ranger. I think the people from the rental office had called the ranger since we were just a couple hundred feet away and they heard the weight hit the roof of the pontoon boat.

You have to love it when the law shows up and is actually affective.

TroutOnly
07-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Brake out the trollmiesterskunkspray one wiff of that and there off the lake for the rest of the day,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rcman51
07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
LMAO! this is one funny thread!

Which Way Out
07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
How about your standing there fishing in water up to your waist and 3 float tubers cruise in on ya and try to pin you between the shore and a dock. Its funny when you are casting out to where you can and these knuckle heads park within feet of your splash and cast back towards the shore. Were all covering the same water except that I am throwing an LC with 3 treble hooks on it and there in a BOBBER no offense tubers. I can hit most anything within range when I cast, thank you very much. So I decide I have had enough. 3 against 1 is not fair. So I drop the LC next to the guy on the right facing me. Splash the water onto his left elbow. Did he get the hint ? NO so lets put one to his right side. Then next to his buddy in the middle. It was kinda fun testing my casting skill and watching em start to back peddle. All is good when you win.