PDA

View Full Version : what do u recommend?

jrockn
07-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I've been going to a few spots where there are tons of bass. The only problem is that there tons of vegetation. What do you recommend in a situation like this? I've tried everything from texas rig plastics, to lures. Just seems like every casts catches a bunch of weeds. I can see the bass going after my plastics or lures but seems that the weeds just scare them away.
THk you

EL_CHIDO
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Have you tried weedless jig heads?

SoCalSteve
07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I've been going to a few spots where there are tons of bass. The only problem is that there tons of vegetation. What do you recommend in a situation like this? I've tried everything from texas rig plastics, to lures. Just seems like every casts catches a bunch of weeds. I can see the bass going after my plastics or lures but seems that the weeds just scare them away.
THk you

FISH THE FROG! Nothing is better for heavy vegetation.

dfisher
07-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I would def try top water baits. Or flyline weightless senkos or worms.

Never had any luck on the football style weedless jigs, the head always grab weeds for me, still haven't found a decent one to throw in heavy vegetation.

xjdesertfox
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
fish a frog! or i'll usually texas rig a hollow body creature bait, but wont expose the hook at all, then just kevin van dam hookset the fish when he bites!

stg68
07-15-2010, 02:37 AM
try use a frogs ........

jrockn
07-15-2010, 10:38 PM
thanks a lot for your input. I will try the frog and topwater for sure. I will def let u know how i do.