PDA

View Full Version : Question about SARL and Corona Lakes

headmine
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if they rent boats here during the 5-11p fishing times? Is there another number besides the (714) 632-7830. I'd like to speak with someone instead of listening to an automated system.

Also if anyone had any info on which of these two are best for catching some cats. Maybe a few tips? Planning on heading out there this Sat with a few friends to enjoy some evening fishing.

I caught a 10.8 lb trout at SARL a few years ago. Haven't caught a kittie in a few years.

Thanks in advance!

TaperSteve
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
You can rent a boat anytime but if your doing the 24hr fishing I think the price is double on the boat rentals. Ive had better luck at Corona Lake but I havent been to both places enough to really give an opinion. GL wherever you decide to go!

TS

pho boy
07-14-2010, 01:20 PM
yes the price double if u do i 24 hr . i like irvine alot better

smokehound
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
what the.. thats kinda scandalous. <=\

pho boy
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=smokehound;473954]what the.. thats kinda scandalous. <=\[/QUTE]

ya i went last year paid 60 for the overnight by myself and when i got there i found out that boat rental is double . cost me 100 for boat fish from 10 pm till 10 am got 3 cat about 1 lb each .now i go to irvine 22 to get in i can fish from open to close 55 for all day boat rental more bang for your buck.

smokehound
07-15-2010, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=smokehound;473954]what the.. thats kinda scandalous. <=\[/QUTE]

ya i went last year paid 60 for the overnight by myself and when i got there i found out that boat rental is double . cost me 100 for boat fish from 10 pm till 10 am got 3 cat about 1 lb each .now i go to irvine 22 to get in i can fish from open to close 55 for all day boat rental more bang for your buck.Im cheap, so i always go for the row-boats. :LOL:

headmine
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I've been to Corona a few times with no luck. Plus the mosquitoes and rotten egg smell in the air kinda dampers the trip. Irvine was a first choice but the group I'm going with get's off work at 2:30 and I thought Irvine closed early but I just looked at the site and it says til midnight. I don't think I've been to Irvine. Maybe worth a shot.

Any one got any tips on the kitties at these lakes? M&M's, night crawlers or mackerel working?

I'm getting to break in a new poll I got for Xmas, haven't caught a cat in a while.

Thanks again for the replies.

pho boy
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
here are the rule that are very important follow them and you will get catfish miss any step you will have a good chance of getting skunk.
here are the rules
1.get fresh bonita
2.if u can buy fresh bonita steal it if you have to
3 if you can't get fresh bonita stay home
4 make sure you have fresh bonita for everyone
5. change fresh piece of bonita every 15 to 20 minute
6 flyline your bonita
7. move around if you are not getting a bite ,move to different spot every hour if u aren't getting any hits
8 get a boat go to the catfish tree that where cat hang out
9 most bite happen after it get dark
10. keep your bonita fresh ,i cut mine up squeze the the head of bonita and get all the blood and mix it in with cut chunk put it in a container and put it on ice
catfish like structure they hang very close to the tree

get there when the still daylight first so you know where you are going bring lights so you can see .
i have fish many time and irvine and corona i have try all kind of bait you name it i try it.
i will not go catfishing without fresh bonita waste of time and money .
bonita outfish anything in these lake it took my dumbass 3 different time to figure it out .while fishing at these lake i had every bait possible and not even get a bite the guy next to me was using bonita was getting bite left and right ,he catch his limit while i get skunk not even a nibble so when he left i figure it was the honey hole took his spot and nothing not even a bite .same thing happen while i was at the catfish tree there was two boat close to me using bonita getting fish fish left and right all happy while i'm next to them getting skunk .
now i use bonita the last time i was there we got 8 cats .
i was at laguna with my nephew at we got 13 cats farm like 6 and the couple right next to us was not even getting a bite so i gave them so bonita and they end up with 4 or 5 in half hour before they kick us out park was closing .

sorry for bad grammar ,as you can tell i never went to school

headmine
07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
here are the rule that are very important follow them and you will get catfish miss any step you will have a good chance of getting skunk.
here are the rules
1.get fresh bonita
2.if u can buy fresh bonita steal it if you have to
3 if you can't get fresh bonita stay home
4 make sure you have fresh bonita for everyone
5. change fresh piece of bonita every 15 to 20 minute
6 flyline your bonita
7. move around if you are not getting a bite ,move to different spot every hour if u aren't getting any hits
8 get a boat go to the catfish tree that where cat hang out
9 most bite happen after it get dark
10. keep your bonita fresh ,i cut mine up squeze the the head of bonita and get all the blood and mix it in with cut chunk put it in a container and put it on ice
catfish like structure they hang very close to the tree

get there when the still daylight first so you know where you are going bring lights so you can see .
i have fish many time and irvine and corona i have try all kind of bait you name it i try it.
i will not go catfishing without fresh bonita waste of time and money .
bonita outfish anything in these lake it took my dumbass 3 different time to figure it out .while fishing at these lake i had every bait possible and not even get a bite the guy next to me was using bonita was getting bite left and right ,he catch his limit while i get skunk not even a nibble so when he left i figure it was the honey hole took his spot and nothing not even a bite .same thing happen while i was at the catfish tree there was two boat close to me using bonita getting fish fish left and right all happy while i'm next to them getting skunk .
now i use bonita the last time i was there we got 8 cats .
i was at laguna with my nephew at we got 13 cats farm like 6 and the couple right next to us was not even getting a bite so i gave them so bonita and they end up with 4 or 5 in half hour before they kick us out park was closing .

sorry for bad grammar ,as you can tell i never went to school

Which lake is Catfish tree at? Thanks for the tips. Never thought about bonita as a bait.

pho boy
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
irvine, i might be out there saturday we will be fishing bluegill in the daytime and cats and night . i will be in a boat rental with a straw hat gl

headmine
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks alot. If I make it to Irvine I'll be sure to say whats up.

smokehound
07-24-2010, 03:39 PM
half of corona is submerged treesthats good. I like that.