PDA

View Full Version : Another Chula Vista RV resort Question??

Lunker1979
07-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone ever actually been here? I was wondering if I would be able to just walk from our spot to the ocean? Apparently they have beaches and a marina/lagoon. Do you salt guys recommend fishing the beach or like a marina area? Or do I try the surf.....might take some getting use to if I have to cast with waves. Thanks again for the responses.

heydaad
07-14-2010, 10:51 AM
If it's the place I remember, you'll be in the bay, way south. The beach and marina are not on the ocean. You'll have to drive to surf fish. If you're planning on launching a boat it's LONG way out of San Diego Harbor.
Ferghttp://maps3.yimg.com/hx/tl?v=4.2&x=357&y=196&z=7

Lunker1979
07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Now do you think I can fish in the bay or would I be netter off to just dry a little ways and find a jetti or some surf?

juzfshn
07-20-2010, 07:02 PM
The resort is way back in south bay, nice place but the water is shallow in that part of the bay those fishing from kayaks catch spotted bay bass. From shore I have only seen some small rays caught.

It is a large bay with other areas to fish from shore, we fish mostly from a boat but I have fished the shelter island area from shore and caught fish. Good Luck !!