PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Surf

Fishmaster B
07-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Fished my not so secret spot yesterday for about 45 mins throwin LC,s. Landed 1 big shovelnose and one short hali about 20 inches. Havent fished in about a month due to a bad back so it felt good to get back on the surf. Cant say its wide open but a guide friend of mine that I work for did a 3 hour trip in the same area yesterday caught over 50 perch (3 different types) with his 3 clients in 3 hours. Oh and his clients were between the ages of 11 and 13. Water clarity has become very good and a decent baitfish presence. I usually like to fish a different tide, but it was outgoing and pretty darn low yesterday, but that didnt seem to deter the bite. Ill be out there again thursday and friday, may mix up the spots a bit but its too easy to fish my not so secret spot. For those of you who want to catch fish the entire Santa Barbara coastline is producing lots of perch and a ton of bottom feeders. No comment on the halibut.

187fish
07-19-2010, 01:56 PM
You'll land a legal hali next time. Thanks for the report and hope your back gets better.

smokehound
07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Lots of nice sandcrabs lately. Im impressed with the availability of papershells with roe.

Liteweight
07-21-2010, 10:47 PM
If it weren't for a few Dr. appts (also back related) on Thurs. and Fri. I'd join you. Been itchin' to get out to the surf and catch me some perch and try for my first surf 'Butt.
Maybe next week.
LW.