PDA

View Full Version : Free Divers Busted.

DockRat
07-14-2010, 06:18 AM
A friend of mine was out at Long Point at Palos Verdes next to Terranea at the Old Marineland site and saw the Warden checking out some divers with his Binos. Turns out all 4 free divers had no fishing licenses and were written citations.

Too bad they don't hit up Redondo Pier for Lobster snaggers or the Queen Mary public fishing area for all the poachers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/telepyronetic/zoo/zoo23-poachers.jpghttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/YurielKnight/Ani%20Comments%20and%20Items/Poachers.gif

What is the limit on Deer ?

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/henry55734/general%20outdoors/islanddeer33.jpg

THIS IS A LEGAL POACHER !

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/Sell-it-4-you-uk/poachedeggsthumb.jpghttp://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/edithmansfield/7cd437ff.jpg DR

Swank909
07-14-2010, 11:18 AM
DFG has actually been kicking some *** lately. Last week I got checked twice at Belmont, first the peir then a couple hours later at the surf. Both times the officers were very friendly and polite, its nice to hear about them taking care of business.

HEMAN
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
DFG has actually been kicking some *** lately. Last week I got checked twice at Belmont, first the peir then a couple hours later at the surf. Both times the officers were very friendly and polite, its nice to hear about them taking care of business.

you need a license on the piers? I always thought those areas were exempt? i have my fishing license, jsut wondering.

Swank909
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Not checking for licenses, they were checking pole limits and catches. On the shore they checked my license and looked for my ocean enhancement stamp.

Optimist
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
What about on a rock road such as NPH balboa rock side. I went there couple times, and 98% of the people. They don't have licensee.

fish4keep
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
What about on a rock road such as NPH balboa rock side. I went there couple times, and 98% of the people. They don't have licensee.

Depending on where.....

If there's water on both side, you don't need it. If theres water only on one side, you need it. This is only for the NPH jetty......

Swank909
07-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Jetties are like peirs, man made and do not require licenses to fish off of in Southern California.

Seņor.Chilax
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Jetties are like peirs, man made and do not require licenses to fish off of in Southern California.

Really? I didn't know that.

skunkmaster
07-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Such a lame rule/law. I have no idea why they don't change it. It should be anywhere you fish requires a license except private property of course.

dfisher
07-14-2010, 05:40 PM

really? Good to know, thought you needed a license.

blackberg
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
really? Good to know, thought you needed a license.

actually I think its if there are 2, one of them does the other doesnt, I think its the longer one that doesnt
-bb

smokehound
07-14-2010, 06:27 PM
No! Only the most sea-ward protective jetties are piers by definition!

Normal erosion-control jetties are NOT public piers, and require a License. (like all the jetties at newport, 32nd 40th, etc)

In fact all the jetties have a "Fishing License Required" sign....

Jetties that shelter the harbors are the ones considered public piers, and ONLY the most seaward jetties at that!

Please read the DFG regulations.

Optimist
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
So, the people who is fishing at the end of balboa Blvd. jetty. They need a license to fishing. Uh, that is weir because I barely see an angler who has a fishing license with him. :Shocked:

Swank909
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
So, the people who is fishing at the end of balboa Blvd. jetty. They need a license to fishing. Uh, that is weir because I barely see an angler who has a fishing license with him. :Shocked:

No! The Jetty at the end of Balboa (The Wedge) Does not require a License! No license needed on ocean front piers or harbor mouth jetties

Swank909
07-14-2010, 10:45 PM
That is if you are in fact fishing on the jetty! Gotta have water on both sides of you, If you're fishing the harbor side with beach on the other side im pretty sure its considered shore line fishing.

Optimist
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I see. Then, I can tell my friends. They don't need a license over there. Thanks "Swank909".

smokehound
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Be sure you are all the way on the jetty at the wedge... It's not considered a pier until you've got water on both sides.

fish4keep
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
For all the ppl who say ALL jetties are free (no license require) need to read/reread the rule and regs...............

Optimist
07-15-2010, 11:17 PM
I have fishing license. I bought it on January. However, my friends they are not really interested in fishing. They just want to try a couple times or one day. If they like it after they experience the fun of fishing. Then, I will have more fishing buddy. Instead, sometimes I go alone :Sad:.

DockRat
07-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Public Pier and Jetty defined below. At the Queen Mary public fishing area a license is required.

From DFG Website FAQ's

Q: Is a fishing license required while fishing from a public fishing pier in ocean waters?

A: No, but it must be a public fishing pier. A Sturgeon Fishing Report Card is required to take sturgeon from a public pier in ocean waters. A Spiny Lobster Report Card is required to take spiny lobster from a public pier in ocean waters.

(a) A sport fishing license is not required to take fish for any purpose other than profit by means of angling from a public pier in the ocean waters of the state. (b) For purposes of this section, ocean waters include, but are not limited to, the open waters adjacent to the ocean and any island; the waters of any open or enclosed bay contiguous to the ocean; the San Francisco and San Pablo Bays, with any tidal bay belonging thereto; and any slough or estuary, if found between the Golden Gate Bridge and the Benicia-Martinez Bridge (Fish and Game Code Section 7153).

A public pier is defined in the sport fishing regulations as a publicly owned man-made structure that has the following characteristics: is connected, above the mean high tide, to the main coastline or to the land mass of a named and charted natural island; has unrestricted free access for the general public; and has been built or currently functions for the primary purpose of allowing angling access to ocean waters.

Additionally, publicly owned jetties or breakwaters that are connected to land, as described above, that have free unrestricted access for the general public and whose purpose it is to form the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor are public piers. Jetties, breakwaters, promenades, sea walls, moles, docks, linings, barriers and other structures that are not the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor, are not public piers.

Even though licenses and stamps are not required while fishing from a public pier, all other regulations apply (including minimum size, bag limits, seasons and report card requirements).

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfaqs.html

Got Indian Blood ? Them Injuns get all the deals,

Free One-Year Sport Fishing License NO FEE Required for any American Indian or lineal descendant who is a resident of the State, 16 years of age or older and whose total annual income does not exceed the specified annual income levels for the number of people living in the household. Certification by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (B.I.A) or proof of being on a tribal registry is required. Verification of income on Form FG371 is required annually. Additional stamps and report cards are required for certain species and areas. Information about this license including the specifics annual income levels is available at www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfreereduced.html. The application and license is only available at DFG License Sales Offices.

Best Value;

Lifetime Fishing Licenses Fee Description
Ages 0-9 $ 463.75
Ages 10-39 $ 761.25
Ages 40-61 $ 685.25
Ages 62+ $ 463.25