PDA

View Full Version : real or fake, large striper pulled in at the lagoon

SDDave
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
This vidieo is floating boats on a bass webite, getting guys worked up, anyone here seen this or seen it in person check it out....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJnnqL9uHw&feature=player_embedded

Danny300
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
the guy is actually on FNN ask him.

SDDave
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
the guy is actually on FNN ask him.

So ok, i'm asking, is it a secret?

Danny300
07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
So ok, i'm asking, is it a secret?

its posted no secrets. name is SoCal_Bass_N 24270

stg68
07-14-2010, 06:32 AM
This vidieo is floating boats on a bass webite, getting guys worked up, anyone here seen this or seen it in person check it out....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJnnqL9uHw&feature=player_embedded

I think this guy is full of ................

smokehound
07-14-2010, 06:35 AM
I dunno.. How can we be sure this wasnt the main lake? Both have spots that look just like that.

kaneo
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
i think ithe thread has been deleted, i could not find it this morning ?

xjdesertfox
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
thats definitely the goon in the video.

DarkShadow
07-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Either the camera man started taping late, or that striper was anemic.

No way a striper that size gets dragged in like a wet sock.

Makes me think someone caught it at the upper, stuffed it in a livewell, drove down to the lagoon, resucitated it enough to have it swim away, and then started taping. For what reason?...who knows

At least the phrase "lightning strikes twice" wasn't muttered. ;-)

stressD
07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
give the guy a break and also the benefit of the doubt. someone could have previously released that striper in the lagoon and this guy was lucky enough to catch it, anything is possible.
btw, he recently posted a picture of his catch in the city lake section, thread titled hansen dam or belvedere park, not 100% on the thread title.

Ifishtoolittle
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I think this guy is full of ................

I joked around and said that too, but he did catch the striper from the goon. Still the video is CRAP quality so it's pretty tough to say if it was the goon.

BIG0FISH
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
i cought a small 1lber few years back so i would have to say YES there are big stripers in the goon.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Surely without waiver, the possibility of someone catching in the upper and releasing into the lower is always there....as well as the possibilty of someone catching one up there transporting to the lower, hook it on and start taping etc...

Who's to say for sure, I can't view the u tube video from my work so it's hard to speculate on those notes for sure...did the guy cast in the video ? then hook the fish ? that would be conclusive.....slack lining it then a hookup could be the fish was hooked on it already....who's to say..

One thing I can say with certainty is that I've fished that lagoon hard for years and in all my 100's upon 100's of trips there, I've neither saw a striper, caught a striper or seen anyone catch a striper..

The lagoon has a list of factors why the conditions are not condusive to striper survival (I won't list them all but there are many)

a fish here or there is certainly not out of the question so I won't stand here and call it bull, I'll attest to my countless hours I've spent there and say if they are there I have not seen it..

Someone mentions that a post was deleted in the past regarding that fish noted above, could it be because it was a false report ? hard to say, I'd love to hear more from the gentleman who caught it..

My 2 cents !
Gary

smokehound
07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Either the camera man started taping late, or that striper was anemic.

No way a striper that size gets dragged in like a wet sock.

Makes me think someone caught it at the upper, stuffed it in a livewell, drove down to the lagoon, resucitated it enough to have it swim away, and then started taping. For what reason?...who knows

At least the phrase "lightning strikes twice" wasn't muttered. ;-)Exactly what I was thinking.