PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Pier

fishandhunt
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Planning a trip to Balboa pier this Thursday night...anyone been there lately that can give me a fish report??? I went to Redondo Pier last Friday night and got skunked, that and way too crowded. My 12 year old was bummed but I reassured him that's what fishing its all about, get some one day and other days you get skunked. I want him to experience pier fishing before I take him on a 1/2 day boat ride!!!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

"A bad day of fishing, beats a good day at work" isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

TaperSteve
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Ill be going to Balboa Pier tonight, ill post a report tomorrow. Im going for macs. Last time I went (2 weeks ago) it was reeeeeal slow, but I still managed to catch 3, the 3rd being my pb mac to date, almost 3 lbs. I also caught a few other fish but tossed them all back.

TS

Seņor.Chilax
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
I went to Balboa about 2 weeks ago and got skunked, not much action all around. I went to Newport Pier last Thursday, got there around 8.30pm. I was posted mid-pier and was getting nothing. Got my sibiki rig baited up with mussel and squid, and headed towards the end of the pier. They loved the mussel. I was catching them like every 5 minutes. Went home with 7 and my girlfriends nephew took home 4. My suggestion, hit up Newport.

TaperSteve
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Cool man I might try Newport Pier tonight too if its slow at Balboa Pier. Ill let you know how I did.

TS

TaperSteve
07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Just got back from Balboa Pier. Got the big skunk. The pier was packed and I didnt see anyone catch a single fish for 4 hours. There was a sea lion hanging around the whole time so im sure thats why no one was catching anything. O-well maybe next time.

TS

fishandhunt
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up TaperSteve...I might just hit up Seal beach or Newport pier.

Seņor.Chilax
07-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Just got back from Balboa Pier. Got the big skunk. The pier was packed and I didnt see anyone catch a single fish for 4 hours. There was a sea lion hanging around the whole time so im sure thats why no one was catching anything. O-well maybe next time.

TS

I told you TaperSteve! Newport Pier. I'm probably gonna be there tomorrow.

fishandhunt
07-14-2010, 03:52 PM
What time you getting there mr.chilax?? My son and I hope to be there no later than 4pm.

Seņor.Chilax
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM
What time you getting there mr.chilax?? My son and I hope to be there no later than 4pm.

I'm usually there around 7pm. I've been going on Thursdays for the past 3 weeks. And stay until they kick us off the pier at midnight. Let me know if you're going so I can keep an eye out for you.

Airona124
07-14-2010, 05:17 PM
i went to balboa on monday got 3 macs couple rainbow sardines and a tiny tiny tiny bass