PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake??

troutman1
07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
anyone fished hre recently or at all??? if so how is the water quality type of fish avg siz any good spot?? any info is much appreciated ty in advance

J-Dub
07-14-2010, 09:14 AM
i went there last sunday w/ my pops and we only caught 4....frm wat we heared we had caught the most that day.....

pekso
07-15-2010, 02:19 AM
u should ask the one armed hispanic dude who kills it at hesperia haha. i literally watched him hit up like 7 cats in like 2 hours with just one arm. it was wild but awesome sight to see. i was there last monday got my limit.

FISHINGBEE
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
The conditions seem to be ok and all. The water is getting warm and the cats do not seem to bite till dark. Leaving a small window to whack the fish. This season vs others i have found the cats to be closer to shore. Than the years in the past where you need some casting distance. For some reason a worm with a marshmallow seems to be working better than mackerel or shrimp baits. Mondays are 10 bucks good luck getting a good spot.

FISHINGBEE

Mudslide
07-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I've been to this lake six time over the last month and a half or so. The first time I walked away with a 15" Striper and nothing else. From what I saw I was the only one to catch anything during that morning session (6am-5pm). The second and third times were skunks and my 4th and 5th trip I walked away with two cats and then a single catfish. My most recent trip on 24 July 10 was a skunk. I've heard of various baits being effective and the most common seem to be anchovies/mackeral/M&M combo. They say they stock the lake with roughly 2k pounds a week but to be honest with that many fish going in each week I've only seen a handful of people hit their 5 limit!

I've never encountered any problems with other people fishing, most are polite and courteous and will carry on a conversation and give you advice if you ask. The facilities and staff have always been polite and helpful.

Hesperia lake isn't a bad place to go in my opinion, but for $15 a pop it can get expensive when you hit a few skunk trips. Silverwood is nearby but kind of a pain in the rear to shore fish due to the thick growth of algae along the shore. I haven't tried Mojave Narrows or Jess Ranch yet. I believe both those places are roughly $17+ to fish....

Give Hesperia lake a try sometimes its hot, sometimes it's not. Make sure you take the above mentioned for bait, try a few to see what they are biting on and make sure you take a rod or two that you can cast a good 200+ feet with to hit the 'center' of the lake.

seal
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Was out for a walk yesterday afternoon, saw cats, small sturgeon and a wiper come out. Water quality is never going to improve dramatically until it's dredged or more pumps installed.

FISHINGBEE
07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
There are no stipers in Hesperia Lake those are Wipers striper white bass mix a hybrid

Fishingbee
I've been to this lake six time over the last month and a half or so. The first time I walked away with a 15" Striper and nothing else. From what I saw I was the only one to catch anything during that morning session (6am-5pm). The second and third times were skunks and my 4th and 5th trip I walked away with two cats and then a single catfish. My most recent trip on 24 July 10 was a skunk. I've heard of various baits being effective and the most common seem to be anchovies/mackeral/M&M combo. They say they stock the lake with roughly 2k pounds a week but to be honest with that many fish going in each week I've only seen a handful of people hit their 5 limit!

I've never encountered any problems with other people fishing, most are polite and courteous and will carry on a conversation and give you advice if you ask. The facilities and staff have always been polite and helpful.

Hesperia lake isn't a bad place to go in my opinion, but for $15 a pop it can get expensive when you hit a few skunk trips. Silverwood is nearby but kind of a pain in the rear to shore fish due to the thick growth of algae along the shore. I haven't tried Mojave Narrows or Jess Ranch yet. I believe both those places are roughly $17+ to fish....

Give Hesperia lake a try sometimes its hot, sometimes it's not. Make sure you take the above mentioned for bait, try a few to see what they are biting on and make sure you take a rod or two that you can cast a good 200+ feet with to hit the 'center' of the lake.