PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake fish report 7/1-7/10

Which Way Out
07-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Fished BB all week. Got there on July 1st. and fished the floating fishing dock near the launch ramp nearest the dam on the north side for several days, don't remember the name of it. Got skunked :Skunk:on Friday the 2nd then got my limit on Sat. the 3rd. :Big Grin:Used Berkley rainbow floating bait on a 3 to 4 foot leader with a 1/4 oz slip sinker. Friday at noon the stocking truck put in 3000 lbs of fish. Hung around BB all week until the Sunday 11th. Fished the same location from time to time and picked up 2 or 3 now and then for lunch over the week. Not one fish had the white color meat, all were nice and pink/ orange. Again on Friday the 9th the State stocking truck deposited 2, 3000 lb loads of fish at the launch ramp of only one fish I believe I caught because its skin was real dark and the others were more silver and lighter in color. The meat was nice and pink/orange? as the others. I will have to hand it to the Fish and Game people for the terrific quality fish that is being stocked. Friday the 9th we were also visited by a State Game Warden checking licenses and he said he was happy to see at least someone catching fish. My guess is he hadn't seen much so far as he was coming from the east end of the lake. Had a great time fishing and 4 wheeling all week. If you get the chance soon get up there JUST be sure to put on Sunscreen LOTS of it ! ! ! I missed doing my legs, ouch......

smokey25
07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
How big were the trout you caught? Gonna head up there this weekend to try my luck. I havent been there for awhile. Any tips on location, bait?