PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Angels Camp

peterl
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi All,

Going on a vacation trip next week with the family to Angels Camp. Looking for recommendations where I can take the kids fishing. I know about New Melons Lake, but are there others? Something with decent shore fishing would be great.

Thanks for the assistance.

Pete

cvcal
08-12-2010, 09:46 AM
New Melones is ok near the Tuttletown launch area, but no shade and the wind and heat can be brutel, Same with Lk Tulloch a few miles West on Hywy 4 from Angles camp. I recommend going East on Hwy 4 to Arnold. Whitepines Lk, Its at 4000' and much cooler, check Ebbetts Pass Sptg Goods in Arnold for a fishing report. In Calaveras Big Trees, the Stanislaus River and Beaver creek are easy access and low enough its safe for kids. They plant trout regularly. Futher up is Spicer and Alpine Lakes they are at 6000', the scenery is beautiful. Enjoy, good luck.
Cal

peterl
08-12-2010, 08:25 PM
thanks for the info. We tried fishing New Melones with a little luck. We then discovered White Pines lake and were set. We had easy limits on stocker trout each day at White pines. The kids could swim and I could fish, it was great. Please the weather there was awesome. Wanted to make it further up the pass to Alpine but never did.

Pete

cvcal
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time and got some fish. I'm hoping to go back up next week. Maybe I'll spend some time at White Pines too!