PDA

View Full Version : silverwood lake fails?

littlefroggy
07-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi i just registered on the forum but i have been browsing for a while now. so i hear that silverwood lake is good for fishing bass and stripers but i went there yesterday and didnt catch anything but a small frog =( this was my second time going there and both times i ended up with nothing. i went in from the main gate i think and parked at lot#6 in the cleghorn area. the shore was infested with green moss or something any advice on fishing spots and such?

Billy Bass
07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Just keep reading the reports. And enjoy the scenery

BASSMAN418
07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Go to puddingstone!

steve092
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
OK I've been successful on the largemouth for the last several trips so here's what I recommend:
Get there early, fish roboworms (any technique), find the open areas in the weeds and be very patient. They are really picky right now. Oh, and don't be afraid to cover a lot of water.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
try silverwood for more consistency....stripers and LMB

adiablo420
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
i've seen people and heard of people catchin there..but man....its hard..i've been there alot and hardly have caught fish there..i try to stay away from there...i'm way more successful at other lakes....

BASSMAN418
07-13-2010, 07:59 AM
If you get there early and fish the dam you will catch something and switch to the points in the afternoon. I think I am going to try silverwood this weekend. How is the bass fishing up there and what do you catch the striper on?

seal
07-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I fish Silverwood several times a week, patterns change, you have to be flexible. Silverwood is a great fishery. Right now the LMB's are in a second spawn, typical of Silverwood. Until this is over and the fish start spreading out looking for food then Steve is right, drop those worms or whatever in there and be patient. The bait is growing, once fish start keying in on the bait things should break open. The algae/moss is a little better as of yesterday, but will be with us all summer and into the fall, that's a good thing bait populations will be healthy. When fishing from shore be prepared to wade out a little, this will get you more access to channels and outside the weedbeds. Downsize early season, bait is smaller, July is early season this year everything is a little behind schedule.

Silverwood has a very healthy LMB poplulation, I have heard that they are talking about changing the regs based on the shocking results that have been going on.

You have to put your time in to figure out the patterns, skunks are a part of the game.