PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake 7/10, can't keep those pesky bass away while Bluegill Fishing

tunagod1
07-11-2010, 07:48 AM
My Buddy Cromangus called and wanted to fish the Perris Bluegill Bite. We arrived at about 6;30 and quickly had the boat in the water and were heading towards our first spot. We started catching the nicer sized blue gill when all of a sudden it became a wide open bass bite. We caoght around ten bass with the largest going 4.25 lbs. We moved several times but those pesky bass kept biting. Anyway, it was a fun day catching LMB on 2lb test. We left at 10:30 when it started getting hot. My buddy has some issues bewtween dialysis and chemo treatments the heat gets to him.
We ended up with some nice Bluegill and released a bunch of bass.

Tuna Out

smokinflies
07-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Nice job handling those pesky bass on 2lbs. :Cool:

fishmounter
07-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes- those bass like crickets and worms. I also got a 20 inch bass recently on a jig/cricket and I saw that another fisherman got a 10+ bass while Bluegill fishing there at Perris. That's what makes fishing so much fun.

fishing
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
The bass do that quite often at the Marina as well. Reeling in a Bluegill and bam... WTF?!! Where's my Bluegill. lol.