PDA

View Full Version : Great Fun!!! 7-10-2010

driven2fish
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I LOVE FISHING.

It wasn't gangbusters out there by any means...but for a life-long freshwater guy, discovering the the magic of saltwater fishing is kinda like falling in love with fishing all over again!

We loaded up on chovies from LB BAIT CO and jammed out to the horseshoe. Somehow...depth finder BROKE:Rolls Eyes: No worries, I was using this super sweet little vintage saltwater rod that I recently bought at a yard sale (its all custom wrapped and frickin COOL) in combo with a vintage penn reel, and I was determined to get hooked up. 10 minutes into it, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

We caught a bunch of fun fighting fish, including a nice cudda that took my wife and her new/used $5 Shimmano swapmeet rod on a sweet ride! We then moved to the breakwall for a wee bit...wrapped it all up. And can't wait to get out there next time.

Thanks for reading.

troutdog
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice job on the variety pack of fish, cool shot of your wife and the cuda!

Word of caution that fish in the 4th picture is a sculpin aka "rattler" and those spines will put you in a world of discomfort if they nail you....not sure if you were aware or not since you said the salt was new to you.

Keep the reports coming!

TD

NY4Reels!
07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Nice to see you get out on the water with your wife, and to have her catch some fish! I need to work on getting my wife out too some time. Not an easy undertaking...

BTW Very nice Sculpin!

DockRat
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice report. After SW it is tough for myself to get back into FW fishing.
FW is too slow, too small. WTG on the buget rods too :Thumbs Up:
I've been useing a Ugly Stick that is over 10 years old my buddy gave me, love it.
DR

murrieta angler
07-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Nice job getting out on the Big Pond!
Very fat Sculpin= very good tacos!
Robert

smokehound
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
heh you guys look totally granola, thats awesome.

Good to see you two had fun, fishing out in the open ocean is ALWAYS a ton of fun!

Zach1093
07-11-2010, 09:50 PM
That looks like a fun day out man! I've not seen very many sculpin bigger than that, very nice!

JapanRon
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi driven2fish,

Sweet ...... wifey too !! Now is the time to pretend you're at Lake Cacitas fishing for LMB on the 'Shoe' !!!

JapanRon

twebb123456
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
nice sculpin how much did that thing weigh, i caught one at the coronados and it was about that size

driven2fish
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
nice sculpin how much did that thing weigh, i caught one at the coronados and it was about that size

not sure on the weight? but on my old school gear, and 10lb test, it felt like a little hog.:Surprised:

greenbean
07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
That is a PIGGY of a sculpin. Nice job guys!

Swank909
07-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Nice job on the variety pack of fish, cool shot of your wife and the cuda!

Word of caution that fish in the 4th picture is a sculpin aka "rattler" and those spines will put you in a world of discomfort if they nail you....not sure if you were aware or not since you said the salt was new to you.

Keep the reports coming!

TD

I was thinking the same thing, watch out for those Sculpin or you'll be in a world of pain!

Great job on the mixed lot! Always fun getting your significant other out on the water!