View Full Version : Heat

FISHINGBEE
07-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Fab three

Win championship

Never win championship

GotBass?
07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
James is a whiner and Wade only has a ring because of Shaq. They'll never get passed their egos

sawoobley
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
From what I have seen Dwayne Wade is a stud! He goes all out and can attack the basket with ferocity with no regard for his own physical well-being, which is not too bright sometimes but it has worked out for him.

It is going to be all up to LeBron James whether they make it to the finals or not. He needs to develop more of a killer instinct like Kobe now has. LeBron tends to rely on his team too much in the first three quarters of the game, after which time he tries to take the game over. Kobe on the other hand will see the other team about to make a run on his team and then shift the momentum to them, and he will try and make an awesome play to deflate the other team and get his boys going again and later will also take over the 4th quarter. LeBron doesn't control the game like he should. I know he is young and all but this fact is holding him back as this lack of aggressiveness and killer instinct also holds back Odom who should dominate due to his awesome skills and stature.

LeBron is young and has given the Cavaliers many good years. It is unfortunate that this man-child is now acting like more child than man but what can you expect from someone that has grown up the way he did, making a name for himself with relative ease and being in a league with so many players that never went to college and thus lack maturity.

We have to remember that Kobe has acted pretty childish in the past also, on and off the court. He had a few years there where he used to just do his fall away 3-pointers despite the situation and rarely considered driving in. Perhaps it was because he knew he did not have much of a chance of winning that year. He was also a punk to everyone off the court and his ego was stifling to everyone around him.

LeBron was stuck in a poor situation being in Cleavland. They really needed a better coach if they were to win. He made poor match-ups. If you listened to the huddles his advice to his players was repetitive and superficial. He kept saying things like "We got to play aggressive!, We need to be the aggressors, We got to play aggressive!". Which in and of itself is not bad advice but when you say it over and over and over again and not talk about strategy and match-ups then the players start tuning you out. On the other hand when you listen to coaches like Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson you can tell they have their finger on the pulse of the game and also say something useful to their players. Maybe the Cleavland coach is good but he needs a change of scenery. Regardless, LeBron could also use a change.

I have always thought LeBron was one of the more mature players in the game. He does not complain too much on the court despite some horrendous fouls against him. I think similarly of Wade. I have not followed them that closely but that is my impression of them. I just don't think we should all trash him to the point of considering him a total loss. He gave many good years and has been acting unprofessional lately but with a small attitude adjustment and perhaps some lessons to be learned next season he can come back and become the player we know he can be.

LeBron maybe disappointed next season because if he makes it to the finals and the Lakers are there he and his team will perish!!! :Twisted:

:Cool:

Eat Sleep Fish
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd like to say they can win a championship next year but they have one major block in their way that they CAN NOT move: LAKERS

I've said it a million times and will keep on saying it: TEAMS win championships, PLAYERS go on SportCenter Top 10 Plays.

You will not win a championship with 3 stars and 8 nobodies. They have to have a stellar bench performance to win. PERIOD.

The Angler
07-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd like to say they can win a championship next year but they have one major block in their way that they CAN NOT move: LAKERS

I've said it a million times and will keep on saying it: TEAMS win championships, PLAYERS go on SportCenter Top 10 Plays.

You will not win a championship with 3 stars and 8 nobodies. They have to have a stellar bench performance to win. PERIOD.
Thats what Im saying, DON BELIVE THE HYPE!!!

DarkShadow
07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
James is a whiner and Wade only has a ring because of Shaq. They'll never get passed their egos

Wade has a ring because of Shaq?

Considering Shaq had a foot in the grave, and DWade seemed to average 40 points for every game of that Finals series, I seriously think that comment is a bit off..

And Lebron whines as much as every star in the NBA. But at least he forgoes the money and takse a pay cut to actually play for an organization that is committed to winning.

Will the Lakers match what the Heat are going to offer DFish?

Will Shaq sign for the veteran's league minimum of 2.5 a year?

Can't wait to see what other moves Pat Riley has up his sleeve.

Zach1093
07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
They will win more than one.

AFTER Kobe retires and lets them.

twebb123456
07-11-2010, 11:03 PM
they all talked about taking less money to play together so i think that they all had this planned together for all of them to be on the heat i think that they will be very good together

FISHINGBEE
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Queen James is a looooooooooooser. Will bring down the ship as always. Over rated

Hitts0n
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Miami is the next Boston Celtics.Not next season,but the seaon after the heat will be the ****...why? Cuss everyone is gonna take a paycut to join that team just so that they can win a ring.Lakers or nothing baby !

Señor.Chilax
07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
If they win a Championship, and I mean IF, it won't be this year. You can't put together a "new" team and have them click that quick and expect them to go all the way. It takes practice, it takes play time. Just because they are good players in different teams doesn't mean they'll be good together. I hope everyone jumps on the Heat ban wagon, that way when they're out, I can say I told you SUCKA! Lets go Lakers, three-peat baby!

fishincrave
07-13-2010, 09:59 AM
LMAO everyone is trying to be as good as the LAKERS.:LOL:
I can't wait for it to backfire on them 3 big egos on one team don't work :Wink: , yes i may be hating so what. Lakers or nothing.

Señor.Chilax
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
We still have Fisher! And what!?!

DarkShadow
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
This Heat teams reminds me of the year The Lake Show signed The Mail Man and The Glove. The City of LA was already designing the parade route, and people were getting fitted for rings, and it didn't quite turn out like everyone expected.

We still have Fisher! And what!?!

The Lake Show just needs another PG that can guard the premiere PGs in the league. While I've got nothing but MAD love for DFish, I didn't love having PGs like Durant and Brooks running circles around him. Is Shannon still under contract? Can Jordan Far-less step up? Only time can tell.

fuj
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
The Lake Show just needs another PG that can guard the premiere PGs in the league. While I've got nothing but MAD love for DFish, I didn't love having PGs like Durant and Brooks running circles around him. Is Shannon still under contract? Can Jordan Far-less step up? Only time can tell.

Yeah, but who out there can keep up with the CP3s, the Westbrooks, the Tony Parkers, the Aaron Brooks, the Rondos, the Roys, et. al, of the league? None that I can recall. Agree with you about Fisher, but I'm glad the Lakers got Blake. I won't count on Blake being able to perfectly defend any of these premier PG's, but at least Blake will make these guys defend him as well. Fish pretty much let opposing PG's have a day of rest from playing defense.

Doesn't sound like Shannon Brown is a lock to be anywhere, much less the Lakers, unless he amends his financial desires. He'd be OK to bring back, but on the cheap. I'd rather have Raja Bell, someone who can combo as a 2-3 and eat up both Brown and Sasha minutes and spell Artest. Farmar? Haven't been keeping up with Laker news lately, have we? ;-)

DarkShadow
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Farmar? Haven't been keeping up with Laker news lately, have we? ;-)

Not at all. After 99% of the coverage surrounding NBA Free Agency started with the word "Lebron," I made it a goal to not watch anything related to the NBA.

In fact, the last 31 days before Sunday has been spent drinking at weird hours thanks to the World Cup and trying to explain what an offsides call means to people with USMNT jerseys on, while sitting at the bar before work at 7 am.

Just read Farmar went to the Nets. Maybe they can sign Lebron.

Oh wait.

wellbilldancesays
07-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Wade has a ring because of Shaq?

Considering Shaq had a foot in the grave,

Umm really DS? Not quite, at that time Shaq was the most dominant player in the league. Don't get me wrong Wade is a stud but without Shaq that year no ring for him. Speaking of Shaq did anyone see him on TMZ pummeling Floyd Mayweather JR. in the ring?

LeBrick is definetly a gifted athlete but has no heart and is overrated, which he has proven in the playoffs time and time again. Not to mention he's one of the biggest megalomaniac sports has ever seen, especially considering he has never won the grand prize.

If (and this is a big if) Bynum can find a way to stay healthy the Lakers will dominate the Heat in the post and in getting rebounds, which we all know including Pat Riley is the key to winning championships. If Bynum is injured it will give the Heat a chance but you still can't count Kobe out.

FISHINGBEE
07-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Miami is the next Boston Celtics.Not next season,but the seaon after the heat will be the ****...why? Cuss everyone is gonna take a paycut to join that team just so that they can win a ring.Lakers or nothing baby ! Lakers have Kobe in my book thats enough for me. Lebron is a whiner and he gave up on his team in the playoffs. All those dummies who took a pay cut reality will hit them in the butt soon as season starts. Queen James will again show his true colors. Besides when he goes back to Cleveland he might get assassinated. Better bring on the national guard. The Fab three will start fighting and will be fighting over popularity.

DarkShadow
07-14-2010, 10:45 AM
The Fab three will start fighting and will be fighting over popularity.

Now, is that prediction based on any prior issues these 3 have had in the past with wanting or sharing popularity? I don't think any of those 3 have had any issues wanting to be in the lime light, like other big name players have had in the past, ahem, Kobe. Lebron has already admitted that this is Wade's team. That's mighty big of him, considering how "egotistical" people paint him to be.

Or is that prediction just stemming from the fact that you're a Laker fan and you have animosity for anybody making big moves so they can strive to have the same level of talent that the Lakers have and possibly make a deep run in the post season?

FISHINGBEE
07-14-2010, 09:25 PM
If it weren't for the NBA...this country would have the world's tallest janitors.
What

FISHINGBEE

DarkShadow
07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I do not know you. If i were you i would delete your post to me its sounds kind of racist.
FISHINGBEE

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9971/janitorw.jpg

Yeah, Shawn Bradley is gonna be PISSED.

Lady Quagga
07-14-2010, 10:19 PM
If it weren't for the NBA...this country would have the world's tallest janitors.

I do not know you. If i were you i would delete your post to me its sounds kind of racist.
FISHINGBEE

Hey SierraPeaks, the Grand Wizard called - he wants his hood back....

SierraPeaks
07-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey SierraPeaks, the Grand Wizard called - he wants his hood back....

Whoa whoa whoa !!!!!

If anyone took my joke as racist....you have to ask yourself....."why ?"
Did I ever mention any race ?
No...it was a joke...and nothing but a joke about tall men...of any race...that get paid to put a round ball through a slightly larger hoop.
Those of you that see basketball as a racial sport (blacks only) are the ones that need to look in the mirror .

FISHINGBEE
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
well your joke sucked. Wasnt talking black or white either. theres a million other things they could do then be janitors. sorry i thought it was lame . And it had nothing to do with the question. Im sure they dont go to college to be janitors.

SierraPeaks
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
OK...so I deleted it. It was meant only as humor and wasn't intended to offend anyone.

I guess some people are thin skinned when it comes to jokes about tall people.

troutdog
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Don't see the heat putting it all together this season, but if injuries or the lockout doesn't proove to be their demise I could see a championship in the future yeah....when Kobe retires of course :Wink:

Lebron has already admitted that this is Wade's team. That's mighty big of him, considering how "egotistical" people paint him to be.

I'm sure good ol "DW" made a subtle point to remind Mr. "King" who has a ring and who doesn't, Lebron would have further cemented his image as the "egotesticle", sore loser (ie loss to Orlando the year prior) he is precieved to be had he said otherwise.

TD

FISHINGBEE
07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
sorry man shouldnt have been such a prick. No biggee just having a stressful week did not mean to take it out on yah. At first it kind of bothered me then i thought about it. The league is 90 % black. I know your not racist so ill say sorry again

FISHINGBEE

SierraPeaks
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
sorry man shouldnt have been such a prick. No biggee just having a stressful week did not mean to take it out on yah. At first it kind of bothered me then i thought about it. The league is 90 % black. I know your not racist so ill say sorry again

FISHINGBEE

It's all good brother.

Señor.Chilax
07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I have a good black joke, why are black people... Shea right! I'm not telling that joke here, people might think I'm racist... me, a mexican guy with dreadlocks. hahaha! That's a joke all on its own.

FISHINGBEE
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
sorry i just dont get it.

FISHINGBEE

SierraPeaks
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a good black joke, why are black people... Shea right! I'm not telling that joke here, people might think I'm racist... me, a mexican guy with dreadlocks. hahaha! That's a joke all on its own.

Wouldn't dreadlocks on a Mexican be "semejantes a sogas" ?

Señor.Chilax
07-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't dreadlocks on a Mexican be "semejantes a sogas" ?

I know the Spanish word 'semejante'... but 'a sogas'? Sogas, as in rope?

fisherman from long beach
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Umm really DS? Not quite, at that time Shaq was the most dominant player in the league. Don't get me wrong Wade is a stud but without Shaq that year no ring for him. Speaking of Shaq did anyone see him on TMZ pummeling Floyd Mayweather JR. in the ring?

LeBrick is definetly a gifted athlete but has no heart and is overrated, which he has proven in the playoffs time and time again. Not to mention he's one of the biggest megalomaniac sports has ever seen, especially considering he has never won the grand prize.

If (and this is a big if) Bynum can find a way to stay healthy the Lakers will dominate the Heat in the post and in getting rebounds, which we all know including Pat Riley is the key to winning championships. If Bynum is injured it will give the Heat a chance but you still can't count Kobe out.

i think the heat have the best chance to win it all.if they put their egos to the side,like i think they will .it will be hard for them to be stopped,even if andrew bynum is healthy,who has the defense to stop them,not the lakers whos kobe gonna stop,whos ron artest gonna stop and i give pau and bosh even stats.cause we all know kobe isnt a great defender,if he has to spend time guarding wade or lebron their will be no high scoring nights for kobe.he'll be burnt out.jmho

07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
What

FISHINGBEE

dont know who posted this but..........99% of the players in the nba are all educated,went to college,need to read a lil more about the nba b4 you make comments like that.

wellbilldancesays
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
i think the heat have the best chance to win it all.if they put their egos to the side,like i think they will .it will be hard for them to be stopped,even if andrew bynum is healthy,who has the defense to stop them,not the lakers whos kobe gonna stop,whos ron artest gonna stop and i give pau and bosh even stats.cause we all know kobe isnt a great defender,if he has to spend time guarding wade or lebron their will be no high scoring nights for kobe.he'll be burnt out.jmho

Made sure I quoted this so you can prove yourself wrong, once again. Yeah we all know Kobe doesn't play defense. Right, do you even listen to yourself?

I know one person that will stop Lebron in the playoffs. Lebron!

07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Made sure I quoted this so you can prove yourself wrong, once again. Yeah we all know Kobe doesn't play defense. Right, do you even listen to yourself?

I know one person that will stop Lebron in the playoffs. Lebron!

do you honestly think the lakers championship solely sits on andrew bynum's knees.lmao.

SierraPeaks
07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
dont know who posted this but..........99% of the players in the nba are all educated,went to college,need to read a lil more about the nba b4 you make comments like that.

Come on man...it's a joke.
Aren't people allowed to joke about anything anymore ?

wellbilldancesays
07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
do you honestly think the lakers championship solely sits on andrew bynum's knees.lmao.

I know you quoted my post but did you actually read it?

07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Come on man...it's a joke.
Aren't people allowed to joke about anything anymore ?

dont worry i know its a joke,but cant i voice m/o...lol

FISHINGBEE
07-21-2010, 09:16 PM

I know one person that will stop Lebron in the playoffs. Lebron! Wrong i do believe the Heat would have to take it from Kobe. Until then .

FISHINGBEE

FISHINGBEE
07-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Who has the ring who is champs. Bring the Heat on the Lakers will still wup um. Besides the Celtics are still better than the Heat.

wellbilldancesays
07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
To FISHINGBEE......

Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt. It is closely connected with irony, in that the two are often combined in the same statement.

FISHINGBEE
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
To FISHINGBEE......

Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt. It is closely connected with irony, in that the two are often combined in the same statement.Your waisting your time You make no sense and are boring me with your poetry. If your a Kobe hater who cares. Your statement is lame just like you.

FISHINGBEE

DarkShadow
07-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, WBDS, quit hating on Kobe and keep the poetry in the Poetry section of the board.

FISHINGBEE
07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Theres a Poetry section
Yeah, WBDS, quit hating on Kobe and keep the poetry in the Poetry section of the board. Theres a poetry section lol

wellbilldancesays
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not really sure what to say. Maybe I'll be better understood by using smilies rather than.. ahem um poetry

:Explode:

:Smack:

:ROFL:

Or perhaps it could be poetry that gets my point across. I'll give it a shot.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
FISHINGBEE doesn't understand sarcasm,
which makes him a tool.

Fishbones
07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Theres a Poetry section Theres a poetry section lol

hahahahaha,.,.,.,. No not yet,.,.but mabye.,.,.

i am not much of a sports guy cuz im always out slaying fish...lol

but i must thank you guys for keeping this thread clean, well almost clean,but it got deleted so all is well.

DarkShadow
07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
FISHINGBEE doesn't understand sarcasm,
which makes him a tool.

Rhyming "tool" with "blue," eh? That's good use of poetic license.

I've got a haiku poem for you, in the 5 7 5 scheme.

It looks like Kobe
Needs surgery on his hand.
Hide your hotel staff.

-DarkShadow

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5321145 (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5321145)

wellbilldancesays
07-22-2010, 03:39 PM

Yes quite a stretch as it loses it's charm being posted, but the way in which I say it would make the likes of even Marshall Mathers proud.

SierraPeaks
07-22-2010, 04:27 PM

I've got a haiku poem for you, in the 5 7 5 scheme.

It looks like Kobe
Needs surgery on his hand.
Hide your hotel staff.

-DS

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5321145

I'll reply via a Haiku

Laughing my as(s) off

Even to a Laker fan

That's some funny stuff

sawoobley
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Kobe has been elected to the NBA all defensive team 10 times total and the first team 8 times.

Dwayne Wade was quoted in 2008 as saying: "The one thing I want to do is play defense. Learn from Kobe. Y’know, the way he plays defense, the way he helps his team out."

If you want to knock Kobe then knock him for something that he needs to work on like dribbling the ball and avoiding turnovers.

:Cool:

FISHINGBEE
07-25-2010, 02:41 PM
hahahahaha,.,.,.,. No not yet,.,.but mabye.,.,.

i am not much of a sports guy cuz im always out slaying fish...lol

but i must thank you guys for keeping this thread clean, well almost clean,but it got deleted so all is well. We are trying to keep it clean. Wheres the poetry section?