PDA

View Full Version : Webb lake

FISHINGBEE
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Quick report 30 plus bluegills avg size about 1 lb
3 bass to 3lbs

Baits used night crawlers gulp minnows

Kids enjoyed catching gills today. All om 2 lb test.

Highlight of day was seeing a big old bass try to eat a 1 lb bluegill. Pics pending we will be hitting it up for some top water action Saturday. Lots of big bass cruising. The gills were not picky whats o ever.

Later

FISHINGBEE

madwire3
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
shore or boat? last time i went i took the ol lady and the kid only one bluegill but tons of small cats, and had something bigger come off the ol ladys line

FISHINGBEE
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
We did go back the wind was blowing hard. The fish were in a different spot. Windy side where all the food was pushed. We floated bobbers and worms for a few of the bigger models of gills. I lost two big bass one snapped my 2 lb test. The other came unbuttoned after a long fight. Has a lot to do with the pole that got broken. My replacement rod is stiffer needs heavier line for sure. Sucks because i was having a blast on the 2 lb test. Went back to the hot spot wind blowing hard in your face. Then i accidentally hooked my wife in the arm. I felt really bad. Saw that damm lunker bass try to eat another 1 lb bluegill go figure. The kids were on fire or something and drove us completely insane. Good news is the wife caught a nice bass. Her first bass in a couple years. Would love to fish the cats they seem to only bite at night since the heat has taken over. Been noticing lots of bass real close to the shore. Hope to try again real soon.

FISHINGBEE