PDA

View Full Version : Who's up to speed at the wood (Silverwood)

Lunker1979
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Headed up there to camp next Monday and Tuesday and obviously am gonna fish. I haven't been there in a few years, they still rent boats there right? Anyone still catching trout up there?? If so I'll take my big trout swimbaits. I'll be targeting big bass and striper. Any input anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Dude47
07-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Might hit it up Saturday I'll let you know.

Airona124
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
went last weeken wasnt too much action i went around 12 am my buddy landed one nice cat but not too many bites

i was throwing some swimbaits as well no love

Lunker1979
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'll be fishing Tuesday and I think I'm going to rent a boat, so we shall see. I've been going to DVL every week so I'll change it up a bit. I'll post what happens......thanks again!

seal
07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Miller creek has had recent trout plants (week or 2 ago) and several over the last 2 months. If using trout swimbaits I would target Miller, also some larger stripers have been caught out of Miller recently. But this is really the time of the year for Shad type lures (although primary bait in the water is Silversides), I like a 3" curly tail Gulp on a darter head jig or Rattletraps. This time of the year bait is smaller so don't go too big with your shad imitations.

Dude47
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Went out there today. Started at the inlet with dines, Hoping for a nice striper. Bam the guy on the boat to the left of us nails one. Bam the guy on the boat to the right of us nails one. 20mins later I get slammed. The thing was just fighting up a storm stripping line like crazy. I would have sworn it was a striper until I got it up to the boat and saw that it was a kitty. About 4.5lbers. Not the striper I was looking for but at least I was not skunked.

skunkmaster
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Catfish fight good, I've had similar experiences at SW.