PDA

View Full Version : Hows the Bright and Morning Star Charter boat?

Angler Pro
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I was gonna book a 2 and a half day with them and was woundering if anyone has taken a trip with them and how the overall trip was? Does anyone know if their a successful charter?

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Nessie Hunter
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I did a 7 day on that boat last Oct....

It is an 'older' Aluminum boat, rides just fine in most conditions, food was great, crew was outstanding...
Owners are very nice people.....
Does not have a great fish holding freezer or water chiller..
Some of my 7 day old fish was starting to get mushy.
Should not be a problem on a shorter trip..

They have 1/2 price special for Police & Fireman, then another 1/2 price for Veterans......

If the price is all your looking at and would make or break going!!!!!!!
For a 2 1/2 day trip, I would say Go - Yes...
The half price ticket was the only way I was able to go....

If it just meets your schedule, then I would look for a better boat...

Watch the fish counts and pick the steadiest high count boat, that is a good Capt, not just luck..

BrokenLine
07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
When are you thinking about booking? I booked a 2 1/2 day trip August 26. Taking a shot in the dark. What I'm reading so far sounds OK. If the fishing is good it won't matter (I hope). If the fishing is bad on a great boat it will still be a bad trip.

Angler Pro
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Ya its just that do never give their fishing reports on 976 tuna, so I called them and asked why. She said that they dont call there reports in, that they would be happy to give there reports out when you call and ask. So I asked how many fish they caught on there last trip and she said it was a 2 1/2 trip and they caught 33 albacore. It just kinda had me skeptical. But you guys make it sound like a decent boat and the price is definatley unbeatable.

The trip that I'm gonna book departs July 26 on a 2 1/2 trip.

Nessie Hunter
07-09-2010, 07:28 AM
All the Captains share info on the bite, so if they are out there you will get on them..

They have their own office separate from the rest.
Facing the building walk around the right side, last door on the left before you get to back of building.
Small sign on the door...

These are very honest people with strong Christian values, if they said 33 Ablies, thats what it was...

Which Way Out
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
My 1 day trip a few years back was ok. You know how it is, if it was a bad trip I would have remembered. So like the others said watch the counts as long as you feel comfortable and book your trip. One things for sure if the fish are there and your there it won't make any difference what boat your on. Good Luck

bruce watson
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.sportfishingreport.com/pages/boatdetail.php?boat_id=28

You can just about find this kind of info on any boat in So. California on Biteson.com.

Brian_GSC
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
I've never fished the boat.

I've heard the same things as above. I also heard that they have pulled people to the side when they have had more than 2 or 3 beers and told them to stop drinking. I don't know if the beer thing is true or just rumors--if you are a beer drinker you may want to call and ask before you book your trip.

Angler Pro
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Booked the trip for the 26 on a 2 1/2 day. Do you guys think there will be more signs of albies by then?

Porkchop5420
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
I've been on that boat before. I like everything about that boat. It has a great captain, crew, stateroom bunks. Its a big boat. THe only problem is that the fish dont come too that boat. I was on a trip where all the boats around us would get stopped but we are the only boat that didnt get bit. We were fishing in the same area, and EVERYBOAT that day had over 100 fish. Our count was 17 albies for 33 people. Just my experience, I m not saying it a bad boat.