PDA

View Full Version : 'New' Long Beach Spottie Ninja Spot.

DockRat
07-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Been wanting to try it but haven't. Looking to recruit a recon scout to report back.

Some dude told me Rainbow Lagoon next to Shoreline Drive has them, he said it can be WFO at times. That lake is saltwater and this guy told me he goes late night near the Hotel by the pedal boats.

Is it legal ? I dunno. See crews all the time cleaning out the moss. Little bridge goes to the island could be a good spot for Ninja. The SW gets pumped in and it looks like the lagoon is higher than the ocean level. The only time I've seen fishermen is during Fred Hall show guys testing rods

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/margaret33221/ninga-3.jpg DR

Fishbones
07-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Your not the first person ive heard this from, not sure if it ninjable or not, good luck crew

bsp
07-08-2010, 10:40 AM
It's illegal, but I've seen some big calicos/sandies in there when I've been walking to the FHS. Halibut too.

Swank909
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
It's legal, but I've seen some big calicos/sandies in there when I've been walking to the FHS. Halibut too.

Nice! Have it guys!

Vman
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
The Long Beach City Jail is about 1 mile away, so if you get caught, the ride to the slammer won't be that bad.

DockRat
07-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Wow, thanks for the replies and warnings. :Surprised:

Is there any posted signs ? Can't see any signs from Shoreline Drive ?

I had no idea it was illegal even though this guy told me he goes at night and wears black ? :Rolls Eyes:

It is a good thing this post is here so nobody tries to fish it and gets into trouble. :Rolls Eyes:

About 3 weeks ago I was accidentally fishing in off limits areas and had some LAPD roll up on me and told me the area was off limits. Rather than roll over and split I asked them

' are you sure ?' ' where is the signs ? ' ' is it on any fishing maps ? '
When they told me all of LA/LB inner harbor is a 'red zone' and off limits due to post 9 -11 security laws
then I rolled over and took off and apoligized to the men in blue.

That was near the draw bridge just past Holiday Harbor where the Dominguez Channel enters the port.

When getting caught in these areas that are off limits but your not quite sure if it is a legal area one must act supprised and be like 'OMG, thanks for telling me, sure wouldn't want to get into trouble, I better get out of here, thank officers ' works every time.

Here is some pics of Rainbow Lagoon home of tanker Spotted Bay Bass.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/winningstyle27/PictureorVideo062.jpg

Under the tree away from the hotel is a good place to have a picnic.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa241/wwwlsj/lunch%20break/villate/Image012.jpg

Here is another good place under a tree to bring a friend for a picnic.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/yountilla/Anime%20Expo%202007/2007_0711Image0063.jpg

Is light gray the best color to wear in the fog ? DR :Rolls Eyes:

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq180/GGUZMAN78/143.jpg

bsp
07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
If you walk around the lagoon, you'll see "NO FISHING" painted on the sidewalks.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
F**k that, i"ll get a report for that spot in by tonight or earlie tomorrow..

delmar
07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
thats to risky, isn't that place lit up at night? if you want to ninja, i'm not sure where the location is at, but its near by, where all that boat docks are at, and right across from it theres these little piers, and the queen mary is across from it. Ninja the boat dock side, there is tons of spottie there, just don't piss off the guys on the boat, they'll call the cops on you, some are very nice, and ask you if you caught anything nice, the first time i went there my buddy pulled out a legal hali on first cast on a drop shot, i think it was pushing 28 or 29. Good luck! don't get caught.

JapanRon
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi DockRat,

No fishing in Rainbow Harbor .... Period. The harbor patrol vehicles patrol that pretty heavy during the Summer.... Going all the way around the lighthouse and sometimes just parking up on the hill. And also around the landing office plaza about once an hour or so. Great security !! Somebody is always on the boats there with the sporties, 6 packs, and bait guys having boats moving at all hours there too.

Posted in all sorts of places 'no fishing'. On the public piers fishing .... you can park for free in the big parking lot after the parking lot patrol goes off duty in the early evening until usully 8am the next morning. Don't blame me if you get a parking ticket ... I'm just saying that's their usual schedule.

JapanRon

striker
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
b/c the "lake" is next to the long beach convention, lbpd has video surveillance all around that area. also, lbpd patrols that area. not worth it.

andyhucks
07-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Dang japanron knows his **** huh. I looks promising, Usually I would try it out, but if its lit all night, maybe not. Shoot, i would ninja the heck out of it. my $.02

flyngby
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This thread is going way south!

I will be out there at Pierpoint Landing on Sunday evening into Monday morning assisting in getting about 150 rigs tied along with 100 or so Los Angeles Rod and Reel Club and some FNNers for a great cause of putting underprivledge kids onto fish for the first time!

To bad we all have to deal with this Ninja Crap and of course up go more "NO FISHING SIGNS"

Thanks Dockrat for the very high quality photos of the location! That goes totally against your Morales!

Now the visitors to the park might never see a quality Sand, Spottie, Calico or whatever else was planted in there for the education of our futuer!

Steve

SanDimasLMB
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
So wait, let me get this straight. Rainbow Lagoon is actually saltwater? This whole time I thought it was a freshwater little park lake kind of deal with no fishing opportunities at all.

I saw in previous posts that they pump saltwater into the lagoon, but how in the world are there monster SBB and Halibut in there? Are there even baitfish for the fish to feed on?

bowler
07-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I have seen some nice size sand bass and some big sargo in there too.

DockRat
07-10-2010, 07:03 PM
This thread is going way south! :No Pity:: :LOL:

To bad we all have to deal with this Ninja Crap and of course up go more "NO FISHING SIGNS"

Talk about going south, can you say ' Tuna ' :Thumbs Up::Dancing Banana::Thumbs Up:

"NO FISHING SIGNS" as reported by a previous reply are painted all over the sidewalk already.
I didn't know that :Sad:

If you have a problem with Ninga then why don't you go on the FW boards and
rip into the golf course guys ?

Thanks Dockrat for the very high quality photos of the location! That goes totally against your Morales!

It is a Secret Spot :Secret: Do Not Tell Anybody !

Right in back of the Fred Hall Show and don't forget about the Long Beach Grand Prix jamming down Shoreline Drive. With Aerial Footage provided by the Good Year Blimp :ROFL:

You can fish in back of the LB Convention Center when the Fred Hall show is going on,
I expect to see Team 57 hitting it for 2011 FHS :Thumbs Up:

Nothing beats fishing while standing on a NO FISHING sign in front of
LB Police Officers and LB Convention Security :Thumbs Up::Dancing Banana::Thumbs Up:

Catch and Release Only :EyePop:

Goes against my Morales ? Your killing me Larry :ROFL:

Now the visitors to the park might never see a quality Sand, Spottie, Calico or whatever else was planted in there for the education of our futuer!

Steve

That spot was planted by Ninga Warriors :Envious:

The education spot is across the street. It is called The Long Beach Aquarium.
Half a dozen school buses lined up all the time on weekdays, you should check it out.

Watch this video and you will see my perspective Steve.
Leave us kids alone. DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw

elevated
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
talk about going south, can you say ' tuna ' :thumbs up::dancing banana::thumbs up:

"no fishing signs" as reported by a previous reply are painted all over the sidewalk already.
I didn't know that :sad:

If you have a problem with ninga then why don't you go on the fw boards and
rip into the golf course guys ?

It is a secret spot :secret: Do not tell anybody !

Right in back of the fred hall show and don't forget about the long beach grand prix jamming down shoreline drive. with aerial footage provided by the good year blimp :rofl:

you can fish in back of the lb convention center when the fred hall show is going on,
i expect to see team 57 hitting it for 2011 fhs :thumbs up:

Nothing beats fishing while standing on a no fishing sign in front of
lb police officers and lb convention security :thumbs up::dancing banana::thumbs up:

Catch and release only :eyepop:

Goes against my morales ? Your killing me larry :rofl:

That spot was planted by ninga warriors :envious:

The education spot is across the street. It is called the long beach aquarium.
Half a dozen school buses lined up all the time on weekdays, you should check it out.

Watch this video and you will see my perspective steve.
Leave us kids alone. Dr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_bvt-dgcww

hahahhahahahhaa

smokehound
07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
So if i go there, and catch a fish, and post the photo, despite it being incriminating, does that merit a "Balls of Brass" trophy?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-11-2010, 02:12 PM
So if i go there, and catch a fish, and post the photo, despite it being incriminating, does that merit a "Balls of Brass" trophy?

i tried aFTER my marina run across the way with my nephews, yes i corupt the youth...did'nt quite make it across the bridge, i guess i turned chicken shi77..gonna try again with a f**kit attitude, when i'm drunk and a 1ft mighty max fishing pole, been there done that and gonna do it again..lol...

can't kill the ninja movement, there ninjas damn it....

smokehound
07-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Smoke Bombs, Caltrops, and mastering heron calls should aid you, o shrouded ones.

Hoshnasi
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
i tried aFTER my marina run across the way with my nephews, yes i corupt the youth...did'nt quite make it across the bridge, i guess i turned chicken shi77..gonna try again with a f**kit attitude, when i'm drunk and a 1ft mighty max fishing pole, been there done that and gonna do it again..lol...

can't kill the ninja movement, there ninjas damn it....

You ever use those little pocket rods, like the Pen Rod Extreme?

Might be fun as hell to dress up business casual with a sack lunch and sit under that tree. Whip out the Pen Rod in broad day-light and not get hassled at all LOL....

DockRat
07-13-2010, 06:24 AM
The best way is with a hand line. Use a small water bottle and 30' of line wrapped on it.

Toss out a swimbait then start walking. Looks like your walking with a water bottle in your hand.

You can really draw attention walking around with a fishing rod.

Being a seasoned Ninga also it is good idea to 'Get In and Get Out'

20 min max sessions. Trying to make it through a 2 -3 hour session will only get you busted and
NO WEEKENDS
Unless thick fog is present.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/booksandmaps/Seneca%20Rocks%20080307/IMG_6396.jpg

DockRat
07-13-2010, 06:31 AM
This thread is going way south!

Steve

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/baillelx/cat.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Bulldog40/kcd00180010.jpg

DR